Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using 700X for years, but it's getting hard to come by. I shoot 1oz. loads, Fed, and Cheddite primers, AA hulls, and Downrange TGT12 wads. I'm thinking of switching to E3 powder. Any draw backs, I've been told E3 is cleaner, and is it worth the switch.
Thanks for the help. Keith Arkley

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have been using E3 for 3 years it burns clean & is supose to be a good powder for cold tempatures --i am in Montana-- i shoot 7/8 in the winter & 1oz for sporting the rest of the year .I use to shoot 700x also .700x maybe easyer to find

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I have been using e3 for years. It meters beautifully, shoots super clean and is very consistent. I have no trouble getting SDs in the single digits with this powder.

I have several other powders suitable for 7/8ox through 1 1/8oz loads, usually bought when I couldn't get e3. As soon as I could, I'd go back to e3, which is why I have those left over powders. Now I try to stay one 8lb jug ahead so I never have to switch.

If you are worried, try 1lb. You'll be hooked.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Like you I used 700X for many years, good in all temps. Tried e3 when it 1st came out (a little pricier at that time) e3 seemed just as good, appears to be just a clone of 700X. Have switched to Promo (price) no problems. Did have problems with Clays\NS primers\cool temps, returned to Rem primers and problems went away. e3--700X--RD and Promo don't appear to be so primer sensitive. Think you will like e3. Ross Puls

·
Registered
732 Posts
I tried e3 for light 7/8 oz and 3/4 oz clays loads, primarily Sporting Clays and Skeet. I found it very clean burning and consistent. I like it so much I'm now saving what I have left for just the lighter loads and using Clay Dot for heavier (higher velocity and payload) applications. Merry Christmas, Ed

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have used a lot of E3 powder. The only time I had a problem was when I left it in the reloader for a few days instead of returning it to the container. It wanted to stick to the sides of the powder bottle. Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts