Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
9,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I quite smoking real cigarettes over 15 years ago and haven't touched one since, but I'm curious about these so called "E Cigarettes". You can have all of the nicotine you want, but cause no harmful heath effects. It's just water vapor. It seems like a good way to calm the nerves while being heath conscious of yourself and others. One thing that I am worried about is all that water vapor freezing while I'm outside, perhaps on a Trap line.

Anyone have any experience?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Nicotine is a poison and will cause heart disease. E cigs are "safer" not safe. There is a huge difference.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Tron, this really isn't up to par for your pro level of trolling. Come on man, if we can't look up to you, what hope do we have?

-Gary

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Some States are considering requiring the same bans on e-cigarettes as are on regular cigarettes.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Come on Tron you're smarter than that.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to see you Brian.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tronspace/media/brianpike_zpsdd50e0d5.png.html" target="_blank">
brianpike_zpsdd50e0d5.png
</a>

·
Registered
308 Posts
Please tell my why they are dangerous? I have done a lot of reading and have net heard of any negatives from viable sources, I don't consider the tobacco industry as a viable source on this subject. Nicotine is no more harmful then caffeine and does not cause cancer. Even the hospital that I live very near to gives them to their workers.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Is that an e-fish?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
If you quit smoking over 15 years ago as I did, you don't need to start that fake crap! It will just lead you back down that ugly smoking road. Can't be good. I could go on but you get the picture.

Chuck

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I'm with Chuckie68. I quit in 1988. I also enjoyed a good stogie from time to time before quitting. At last years Grand I was given a very fine Cuban Cigar. I figured what the hell, I'll just chew on it awhile. In about 5 minutes the damn thing made me sick at my stomach! YEA me. Got over that STUPID idea quick. Jake

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Who told you nicotine was no different than caffeine? That is patently wrong. Caffeine is a mild stimulant and does not contribute to hardening of the arteries or cancer; nicotine does both and will cause a heart attack in readily consumable quantities. You would have to eat a ton of caffeine to do that.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Please show me Any evidence of your claim,Any? I have never heard of nicotine in and of itself causing any cancer or hardening of the arteries.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am a current smoker and during the week use an e-cig at the office. It does take the "edge" off the craving. But for someone who has SUCCESSFULLY given up the habit to tempt fate by ingesting the very thing that makes it so very very difficult to quit in the first place borders on the insane. Sorry but why would you even consider it? You worked hard to get rid of them, don't waste all that effort.

As far as freezing goes, the unit spends most of the time in my pants pocket so it stays warm enough to prevent freezing and as you use it when the battery is discharging it also gives off some heat. It hasn't been a problem so far for me.

Greg

·
Supporting Vendor
9,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lots of good advice here. Anyone else have a comment?

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tronspace/media/imagesCAHN2RF1_zpsa885b7c0.jpg.html" target="_blank">
imagesCAHN2RF1_zpsa885b7c0.jpg.gif
</a>

1 - 20 of 27 Posts