Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On EBay their is a listing for s new Primer Seater that apparently made to replace the original. I saw no reference number to go by. Has anyone had any experience with it and how does it assemble and function. No decent answer from seller.

·
Registered
955 Posts
[QUOTE="Dave P, post: 4550033, member: 3032"... No decent answer from seller.[/QUOTE]
That tells me everything I need to know. I'll pass.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
No, I think it is a quality jig for changing to current method of securing the priming post on a MEC.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I misplaced mine for some reason, on the 650, ordered another one. One they sent me required me to glue(double sided tape)a 1/4" washer where the little divet is. New post USA flat bottom. Then I found the original, but I've never had it jump out, so why the need for drilling a hole? Curious minds ya know.

·
Premium Member
6,877 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't question that it is a fine tool, just whether drilling a hole and going to the new style post is really necessary. I bought a used press with old style "dimple system" but it came with a washer with ID of the primer seating post diameter that was stuck to the base with double sided tape. The tape was old and gave up the ghost before long but a dab of Super Glue and I was back in business. Since then it has been working fine - every bit as good as the new post system that I've used on other loaders.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
"BULLSHIT!" It ain't no GIMMICK!
So why not take a few measurements on top, use the same measurements to mark the bottom, use a prick punch and then drill it! Yeah, I know, some folks don't have the ability to measure, mark and drill.

Gimmick!

·
Premium Member
6,877 Posts
So why not take a few measurements on top, use the same measurements to mark the bottom, use a prick punch and then drill it! Yeah, I know, some folks don't have the ability to measure, mark and drill.

Gimmick!
Whatever floats your boat. The're Hodge Podge mechanics everywhere.
Sounds like you fit right in! In the machine industry, that doesn't cut it.
A professional jig at $20.00 is a steal and full proof as well.
MG

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Easy Marco, your working on your second. :madboxer:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Whatever floats your boat. The're Hodge Podge mechanics everywhere.
Sounds like you fit right in! In the machine industry, that doesn't cut it.
A professional jig at $20.00 is a steal and full proof as well.
MG
If I was to do it, I would strip the top off the MEC, clamp it to the table of my Bridgeport and drill it from above. I'm hodgepodge enough so I can do it by hand or on the BP in my shop.

Reactions: mg1polo

·
Premium Member
6,877 Posts
If I was to do it, I would strip the top off the MEC, clamp it to the table of my Bridgeport and drill it from above. I'm hodgepodge enough so I can do it by hand or on the BP in my shop.
That would work perfectly. Drilling from the bottom without a jig is Hodge Podge! I just did another one today, that makes 22 to date, $20.00 or disassembling 22 machines to drill a hole,
I think your production cost would cause a corporate failure.
MG

1 - 20 of 25 Posts