Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's an extremist, but he is the one running the show in the Philippines.

////////////////

Duterte says U.S. has lost, aligns Philippines with China

BEIJING, Oct 20 (Reuters) - Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte announced his "separation" from the United States on Thursday, declaring that it had "lost" and he had realigned with China as the two agreed to resolve their South China Sea dispute through talks.

Duterte made his comments in China, where he is visiting with at least 200 business people to pave the way for what he calls a new commercial alliance as relations with longtime ally the United States deteriorate.

His trade secretary, Ramon Lopez, said $13.5 billion in deals would be signed

Duterte's efforts to engage China, months after a tribunal ruling in the Hague over South China Sea disputes in favor of the Philippines, marks a reversal in foreign policy since the 71-year-old former mayor took office on June 30.

"America has lost now," Duterte told Chinese and Philippine business people at a forum in the Great Hall of the People, attended by Chinese Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli.

"I've realigned myself in your ideological flow and maybe I will also go to Russia to talk to (President Vladimir) Putin and tell him that there are three of us against the world - China, Philippines and Russia. It's the only way," he added.

"With that, in this venue, your honors, in this venue, I announce my separation from the United States," Duterte said to applause. "I have separated from them. So I will be dependent on you for all time. But do not worry. We will also help as you help us."

Duterte's remarks will prompt fresh concern in the United States, where the Obama administration has seen Manila as a key ally in its "rebalance" of resources to Asia in the face of a rising China.

The administration agreed a deal with Duterte's predecessor granting U.S. forces rotational access to bases in the Philippines and further doubts will be raised about the future of this arrangement.

·
Premium Member
18,230 Posts
Thanks to 'son of a whore' and his expanding legacy. I'm sure horseface is on top of this.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
We are about to lose more if Hitlery is "elected". Wonder how many precincts she will win by more than 100% of the registered voters like Obozo did....Bill

·
Premium Member
18,230 Posts
The election of the walking dead.

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Now that he says the US lost, maybe I should go over to the US Armed Forces Cemetary in Manila and exhume my Uncle who died on Leyte Beach while liberating his stinkin country in WWII?

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that he says the US lost
You look around and who is the big boy in the neighborhood?

In todays world the US has lost it's edge economically, a weakened armed forces that no longer can fight two wars at the same time, and a president that is dangerously weak when it comes to world affairs. The USA even has to pay Russia to launch astronauts into space. $20 trillion in debt and nothing to show for it considering the monies spent.

China is spreading money around the world like a kid out on a hot date and quickly building it's military. Russia is rebuilding it's military and Putin comes across as a strong leader who not only talks the talk, but walks the walk. Iran will soon control Iraq and already controls Syria/Lebanon and not afraid of the USA and finds it has no real reason to fear it. Turkey is re-thinking it's roll in the world and also wants a piece of Iraq and the USA will not stand in its way. NATO of 25 years ago no longer exist. Mostly a paper force.

China and Russia will be going to the moon. China"s big push is to get to Mars. They have a couple of people in orbit this very evening.

And, that's only a small piece of the puzzle that makes the world go round......

If I was a third world country I'd not be relaying on the USA for my defense.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Perhaps there will be one advantage to this action. Our Congress won't be sending them OUR money as "foreign aid".

Oops ! Sorry about that, I must have hit my head and gone delusional for a second of two. Congress does not know how to NOT SPEND. Congress will probably try to buy their way back in using OUR money.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Bet Jughead's bunch are steaming. They were surely planning to give Phillipines to the muslim brotherhood(or ISIS) like they did with Libya (you know, where Benghazi is) and Egypt (fortunately the Egyptians took it back) Iraq, Afghanistan, and parts of Africa.

JFKerry.jpg

"Lurch" has spoken.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
We obviously got "out bid"! All of these international alliances are only that because of financial support. The good news is we still have plenty of third world crap holes that we retain through on going payments. You'd think someone would have recognized the difference of strategic importance between say Phillipines and most of the countries we fund.

·
Premium Member
12,004 Posts
I'd like to see the US, for once 'clean house' as we leave - send in the SeaBee's and bulldoze/raze every structure, runway, etc. as we leave. Plant palm tress as a 'return to green' policy.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
We can't have it both ways. We moan, and I think rightfully so, about our foreign entanglements and then complain when one untangles.

The Russians want to end the civil war in Syria? Great. You've got some murderous shitheads in your area? Well Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Qatar, UAE, it looks like it's about time for you to roll up your sleeves and get to work.

·
Registered
18,699 Posts
The PI have a LOT of Americans living there. Retired military etc. that moved there for cost of living reasons as well as certain cultural reasons. The PI have had a continual US Military presence since the Spanish American war at least and until Pinatubo pooped and the leases ran out it was a major presence. The US has combat advisory troops in the PI even now because of the moo bastards fighting the government. There will be a lot of ruckus until things settle down. Might end with Duterte being given a One Gun Salute.

·
Premium Member
18,230 Posts
Recall the Ambassador, throw theirs out of Washington.

·
Registered
29,293 Posts
How about a refund on the blood spilled on those and other Pacific islands our troops paid?????

As far as complaining about foreign entanglements, what I hear most people complaining about is the choices made reqarding those entanglements. We are eithe part of the world scene or we are isolationists. Can't have that both ways.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts