Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday opens ducks in New Jersey. Didn't have much luck during early goose(too hot). Lots of rain and wind here in the northeast so hopefully hunting should be real good. Want to hear from all the other fowlers. When do you start and are you ready? Good luck Chuck Hrosik

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Our season opened last week in WI. Despite flooding and very high water levels several of my friends did very well on Mississippi River near La Crosse.

Was a little slow in SE corner of state, but we managed to bang down a few woodies.

SW

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seen lots of woodies and pintails where I'm gonna set up. Should be a great year. I've seen more ducks in the last two weeks of scouting this year than I did all last year hunting. Good luck SW, hit em up. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

·
Registered
479 Posts
CHUCK ,

Do you hunt in a Barnegat Bay Sneakbox-all grassed over w/a nice big fishhook rig of cork puddle duck decoys>>or do you use that OTHER method of pass shooting ??

Only kidding Chuck , good luck Saturday & be careful . Wait till they "set their wings " .

BILL

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The swans arrived here in Kasilof Alaska the other day and this usually indicates the end of the migration south.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Had a fantastic opening weekend here in Minnesota--Canada goose, a beautiful blue goose, pintails, mallards, widgeon, teal, red heads. Our spot was great but a little quieter than our other group, they limited out at 6 birds each within 2 hours of opening!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope to post some pics Saturday night or Sunday. Warm weather but my dads going with me so I don't really care if we get anything. Spending time with him is good enough for me. Woodies, mallards, pins, teals, and blacks are all over. Woodies taste the best so I'm hoping to get a few of those. Should be a good opener. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.