Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember being stationed at Fort Polk and there were various lakes around there with homes built on them and Permanent duck blinds on poles. Pretty good duck hunting

How are property values down there? Big decline like Florida?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I still have a place near Lake Charles, and property values have been fine since hurricane Rita in '05. Duck hunting was incredible, when I hunted early Jan. Property values much more solid in LA and TX, than Florida, just my opinion.....Rob

·
Registered
457 Posts
According to parish (county) records around the state, home sales are slow, stay on the market for awhile longer than before. Overall economy still down in the oil patch. Might be a good time to buy a house. Duck hunting has been excellent in south Louisiana and in the far northern portion of the state, which has rice fields. We shoot trap year-round in Louisiana. We've had about three weeks this winter where few wanted to shoot - either rain or too cold for us thin-blooded folks -- highs in the upper 30s a few times.

·
Registered
562 Posts
My son is stationed at Fort polk. Is there any trap clubs close? He recently moved from Leesville to Alexandria.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was at Polk- hmm- 1993-1994 maybe

There was a trap and skeet range on post actually and there were ranges around probably- didnt have a lot of time but I seem to remember there were- Alexandria and then of course large clubs not far away- I shot down around Barksdale one time

funny about 9th ward

There are a number of lakes in the area that people do have modest homes around them and permanent duck blinds out in the lake- that is probably what I would be looking for- something like that

Regards from Iowa

Gene

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.