Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vance McAllister, a political newcomer, beat veteran state senator Neil Riser, 60% to 40% in a non-partisan election to replace a US Congressman who is stepping down to take a job with Louisiana Governor Jindal. Both are Republicans. Neil Riser, who lost, was backed by the Louisiana Tea Party, the out going congressman, Governor Jindal, the Louisiana Republican Party and had an endorsement from Eric Cantor. Riser raised about $800,000 for his campaign. None of it was Riser's money. Vance McAllister, the winner, was backed by the Robertson family of Duck Dynasty fame. McAllister's campaign also had about $800,000 most of which was his own money.

Does this mean that we may be seeing 2016 Republican presidential candidates making trips to West Monroe, La. to woo the favor of the Robertson family? If so, I can see Christy begging for a bowl of gumbo and a plate of fried squirrel (a lot of each).

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As usual Rick Barker (the last name is certainly appropriate) you are long on wind and short on facts. Your comment of "This guy is going to represent a district of what 32,000 people +\-" is comical because it is so inaccurate. The population of the Louisiana 5th District was 758,851 people in 2012. Over 91,000 voters voted in this election. That is a lot of "+". As this is your only "fact" and it is so wrong the rest of your wandering nonsensical diatribe certainly matches your one "fact".

And if any "millionaire" was backing Mr. McAllister, it was Mr. McAllister himself.

FreedomWorks also backed Mr. McAllisters opponent.

Just stating facts.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Big Yawn DoubleAuto.

From my perspective McAllister is a solid conservative which is all I personally care about. He is pro 2nd A and a fiscal conservative. I haven't seen his platform relative to NSA and FISA but if he opposes the over reach on 4th A and 5th A grounds it doesn't matter what anyone names him - his principles are aligned with Tea Party philosophy.

There will be some established GOP incumbent's that will face tough primary fights but more Tea Party 'types' will threaten more Dems than even in 2010 - just because the incredible over powering Administration and incumbent Dem Congress stench regarding the Full implications of Obamacare will be devastating to anybody that voted for it - because the impact will be real and personal - not 'intellectual'.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not saying that candidates backed by the Tea Party won't be successful. I just want to see the Republican Party come together and work for a common cause. No more candidates like McCain. Eight years of Obama and his Democratic crooks have only accelerated the demise of this country. The Republicans must hold on to the House of Representatives majority. It would be great if control of the Senate was not in the hands of the Democrats. I want to see the Republicans do well but they must come up with a platform that starts getting this country back on its feet. Politics as usual won't cut it no matter who is in control. I fear we will never see a Republican president elected again if something doesn't change.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Lib "Barky". Never said the Tea Party was dead. Certainly not scared of the Tea Party. Just pointed out an election that took place. Why are people like you so scared of having a Tea Party candidate no being elected brought out on an open forum? Do you want everyone to live in the dark? The only answer wonky people like you have when someone points out something that doesn't praise the Tea Party is to call someone a "LIB". Same old attack, no imagination. I truly hope the Tea Party has better dialogue than you do.

I original intention was that it was kind of interesting that a Duck Commander endorsement trumped all those political endorsements/backing. Still is my intention. Kind of funny.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I very much like light hearted shows and comedy. Having said that I can't watch Duck Dynasty. Talk about a waste of air time. What is funny is that my wife works in an office full of libs and they can't get enough of that stupid show.

Darr

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Doubleauto, what, exactly, is it about the tea party you do not like?

That they want fiscal responsibility?

That they want to slow the ever expanding rate of wealth transfer?

That they want to cut back on taxes so jobs can be created?

That they want smaller, thus less invasive and destructive, government?

What's your beef with them?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Darr: I just finished reading Phil Robertson's book. If you think a "lib" would support his beliefs; you might want to get a copy and decide for yourself. Ed

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I can't speak for your wife's liberal co-workers choice of TV shows. However, again I will say that on page 205 of his book, Mr. Robertson says; " My political ideology is more in line with the Republicans. I am definitely not a Democrat that is for sure". He goes on and explains he is a strong believer in the constitution and admires Thomas Jefferson. This man started out dirt poor and lived a part of his life that he is not proud of. For the last 38 years of his life he has been a true family man who has the admiration of his family and is a devote Christian. (Unlike the majority of the liberals in this country). Bottom line; do some research instead of spewing drivel about something you know nothing about.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Look esoxhunter, I thought it ironic those libs would watch a show made by conservatives. Do you understand what ironic means. Geez

Darr

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
I was kind of wondering about that too Darr

It was very apparent to me that you just found it odd that your wife's coworkers love Duck Dynasty, because they were libs

I guess we need to get a dish again, I have missed all the shows everybody talks about

Ok I am over it, I will never (well maybe not never) have cable/satellite TV again, heck we get about 70 channels with just a aerial, although quite a few are Messican and religious, but I guess I can brush up on my Spanish, and a little religion wouldn't hurt either LOL

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
The Robertsons are good people. the show does not show their true character. If uncle Si ws that stupid he would have choked on his corn flakes before he ever got to be a teenager.

Face it - Reality show = MONEY and Exposure. Suddenly all the truck stops and hunting/.fishing stores have DD stuff. Not cheap either, hats, t shirts, the whole WWF/Nascar/NFL gig.

The popularity is the result of scripting by accomplished writers.

HM

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Darr: I apologize for misunderstanding the meaning of your postings. I thought you were labeling the people on Duck Dynasty as liberals and therefore that is why the libs liked the show. I have watched all episodes and it is truly a humorous show that expresses our conservative beliefs. (Especially the 2nd Amendment). The Robertson family may be "different" to say the least; however they have good family values. Again, I apologize. Ed

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
I guess when you stated "DIFFERENT" you mean family values. That is different today. Don,t you just wish for the sake of this country there was more DIFFERENT families like the Robinson,s. Just think about it everyone would know who their daddy was. Today we have the values of Government raised families with the same morals as our government.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I'd rather have these guys and gals as neighbors than a bunch of bunny and tree hugging liberals.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Brian, I agree with you 100%. I just hope that the publicity and money generated from being in the public spotlight does not in any way affect their family. Money will do that to people. I'm sure it won't affect Phil and Miss Kay though. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts