Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like everything about my DT10 right now, but so do some of my close trapshooting friends.

Because I got lucky with the wood I've been offered more for the gun than I've been paid for.

And at this point, I might accept an offer!

If I accept one of the offers, I will probably replace it with a Perazzi.

What models made by Perazzi offer the same characteristics and POI as the DT10 Unsingle? If you've shot both a DT10 and a comparable Perazzi, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance everyone.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I have two DT10s. One combo and one unsingle that I put together for my last girlfriend. I would part with the unsingle, if you decide to keep yours.

JON

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
So you want to go from a gun that has been bullet proof to one that needs trigger springs constantly?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hank, if you shoot your DT-10 well, it does not kick the snot out of you and does not hurt your face, why sell it and go to a Perazzi with a pallet wood grade stock that may beat you into the ground, I have no idea on the profit you may realize but don't sell your soul for 500 to maybe a thousand dollars, and sadly realize you made a huge mistake, been there done that! incinerate em!

·
Sky Buster
3,963 Posts
Hank, if you shoot your DT-10 well, it does not kick the snot out of you and does not hurt your face, why sell it and go to a Perazzi with a pallet wood grade stock that may beat you into the ground, I have no idea on the profit you may realize but don't sell your soul for 500 to maybe a thousand dollars, and sadly realize you made a huge mistake, been there done that! incinerate em!
Try the Browning 725 Unsingle before you pay big bucks
for a Perazzi.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I like everything about my DT10 right now, but so do some of my close trapshooting friends.

Because I got lucky with the wood I've been offered more for the gun than I've been paid for.

And at this point, I might accept an offer!

If I accept one of the offers, I will probably replace it with a Perazzi.

What models made by Perazzi offer the same characteristics and POI as the DT10 Unsingle? If you've shot both a DT10 and a comparable Perazzi, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance everyone.
Your not going to crossover and find a duplicate.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have both, a DT 10 Combo and a couple of Perazzi's. The weak point of the DT10 is the sear springs, but the gun is great for ATA. I have broken a couple of Perazzi trigger springs over the last 25 years, but they can be replaced in a couple of mins. Try that with a DT 10 if you can find the sear springs. Beretta were no help. Phillip's gun smith to the rescue. Either are great guns, but why change for a few dollars.
Devonian.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My DT10 forend cracked again...if it does it again I seriously doubt I'll have any confidence in the gun. Any recommendations/suggestions?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Yep! They were famous for cracking the fore end! Get Phillips out of Texas to fix or, find a new fore end and get him to modify it before you use! He did mine and it never happened again! Tom Rhoads

·
Registered
435 Posts
My DT10 forend cracked again...if it does it again I seriously doubt I'll have any confidence in the gun. Any recommendations/suggestions?
I've found many of the manufactures do a somewhat poor job of wood to metal fitting ,thus pressure points are missed and cracks are make . Before i shoot any gun I've purchased I have my gunsmith go over the wood to metal fit to see everything looks ok and at least I've done my part from being disappointed again with a repair job to my wood . There is no guaranty ,but I've tried and up to now it seems to work. I've seen too many new guns being shot for the first time or so and a crack has developed in either the forend or stock !
sprkee

·
Registered
854 Posts
There was a Bunker championship shoot somewhere on this site recently. One of the finalists Beretta went down and even given time to repair he couldn't get it going. Thought that was pretty telling when the DT-10 was responsible for him losing out.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
A Beretta DT10 or DT11 broken sear return spring can be changed in about five minutes with a drift pin. Very easy trigger assembly to work on.

·
Registered
685 Posts
The sear springs are not hard to change, but I am not confident that Beretta [Brownells] have any in stock at any given time. A year ago there were none to be had, so I had to make other arrangements to get a supply. Perazzi parts are easy to get and to fix. Also Beretta forends are prone to splitting.
Devonian.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Call Phillip and tell him you want your forearm fixed like I had him do for me. Simple fix that resolves any future incident.

Martin Wilbur

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Brownells has them in stock now. They also have cocking rod return springs in stock too. At $4.90 each, order 4-5 of each and you'll probably be set for life.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Years ago, Leo broke several Beretta forearms, it was a simple problem of melding the metal to the wood, after that was fixed, he as good to go. I did watch him finish one event while holding the broken pieces together...it was so stressful it was funny!

·
Ljutic Nut
2,882 Posts
I have a DT-10 (like new ) that is for sale. PM if interested

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Shot my DT-10 for years, never broke a forearm, only thing that has ever broke was a cocking rod spring on the bottom barrel, Forarm screws came loose when i first got the gun, drop of loctite fixed that, Had to do that to my DT-11 also..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts