Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is one for sale locally. The owner says it has special choke tubes that were made by Briley for Beretta. They are longer than a Mobil choke but shorter than the Optima. Anyone know anything about this model and why they chose to use a different choke tube system
Thanks,
OtH?

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Blue book says that the Vadalia special trap is fixed choke. 6 made.
Sounds like someone either had a rare gun rechoked or it's not that version.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a combo. 34" top single. 30" O/U. The owner called it a Vandalia Special. Here's what it actually says on the receiver. The Centennial 1999. DT 10 Trident. Vandalia, Ohio, USA. It's numbered XX of 30. The choke tubes are marked like all Beretta tubes. Engraving on the side of the tubes saying what it is, i.e. *** Mod, and 3 notches in the end of the tube. I'm sure it's not aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
12,907 Posts
Check down around the mono-block and see if there are choke markings there (or if they've been removed) - that would tell you the gun has been bored for tubes (or that it was shipped as a fixed choke gun).

·
Registered
355 Posts
They are in fact a different choke tube. It was a "pre optima" so to speak with the overbore barrels. As stated in the original thread it is longer than the mobil choke and shorter than the optima choke. From what I understand these 30 centennial guns were the only ones marketed with these choke tubes. These guns were produced to commemorate the grands 100 years at Vandalia in 1999. They had upgraded wood and the old style square post adjustable combs. They are DT-10's in every other respect. I have #23 it is a 34" top single combo with a 32" O/U. I bought mine new from Pat McCarthy at Dawson's as a 50th birthday present to myself in 2004.

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
It's not like Beretta, or any other gun company for that matter, to come up with a choke tube that was completely limited to a 30 gun run. Doesn't make any sense. I'll bet it interchanges with something else out there, some type of Benelli choke maybe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts