Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
Haux,...thanks for the Hupmobile photo..I've seen some info but was wondering from anyone what the Hupmobile was like...a good car..a piece of junk? fast,slow..reliable?..did thet use another carmakers motors, trannys? I had a 73 International Scout II 4wd that I drove to work...I loved it because it was stone reliable but sadly the rust gods took it back...It had an AMC 258 In-line 6,..using Ford Motorcraft ignition, a 4spd granny tranny and single speed transfer case that had just a pull knob on the dash..and the rest of the electrical (alternator, whole steering column was Delco GM)I'd give anything to find one in a time capsule or locked in a barn for thirty years

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Calvin, I had seen only one in my life. It belonged to a guy my brother roomed with in college. I don't have a clue as to engine specks or anything else about the car.

Check out the FAQ on the URL website above. It is pretty interesting. Sounds like they were a pretty dependable car.

I always wanted one of those Scouts, but by the time I got around to buying one, they didn't make them anymore. They were pretty dependable, but they sure rusted easily.

One friend of mine had a 67 T Bird that we ran around in. It was a fun car. Another friend had one of those Nash Cosmopolitans. Not much of a car in my estimation, but they were different. Hauxfan!

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
Calvin,

Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to be calling the guy who has them in California and see what he has and what is needed to bring one of them back to life ... Not sure what the left over parts might be worth but don't sound like its a really bad deal, never know until you talk to him ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
great!! they are still one of the coolest cars..with both running it would be easy to make one awesome car and sell youe excess parts to finance makig #1 a show winner....

Thanks Haux,...I am going to look into it...but check THIS out..not a Scout but totally cool and cheap...if it wasn't so far , I would buy this

·
Registered
163 Posts
For sale 1963 R-1 Avanti auto,ps,pb,pw,t.t.,63xxxmiles,two year old white exterior with Fawn and Elk interior. This car is a very strong number 3 car. Very dependable and sharp needs nothing. This car belongs to a shooting friend of mine and is located in Rochester Minnesota. I have seen this car many times at car shows and is very nice. If interested let me know and i will get you his phone number.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Calvin, when I worked in Texas for a year in the 60's, I used to deliver parts once in a while.

Sometimes I got to use my bosses pickup, and it was one of those Internationals with a V-8 in it and it was pretty fast from the stop sign.

Brings back old memories.......

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
I really like that one for sale!! I would rather drive that truck and its ravenous appetite for fuel than any Nagasaki Nutbucket!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.