Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all let me say that the market is flush right now with AR type rifles and prices are as low as I have ever seen them. On the other hand, the price of accessories has pretty much stayed at pre "frenzy" levels with the only difference being that they are now readily available. Every once in a while (if the prices are right) I enjoy taking a relatively plain Jane brand new DPMS Model A-15 Oracle M4 AR15 type carbine and enhancing it with what I feel are worthwhile moderately priced extras to come up with an excellent all around shooter. I thought it might be interesting to some if I shared my list including what everything cost. Of course, more could be done and not everyone will agree on what I have chosen but that is where maybe some worthwhile discussion may come in. In any event, I have made this post in the For Sale category because this gun would make an excellent ready to go AR for someone who might not have one and is looking to shoot right away rather than shop. My friends who I have done these for have all been pleased and I own and shoot one myself. Have fun! Art G. (p.s. I could let this one go for my cost plus $50 plus $35 to ship anywhere in lower 48 where legal so the total would be $1,325 if anyone would like to have it)…..
artg_2008_0303_139.jpg

artg_2008_0303_140.jpg

artg_2008_0303_141.jpg

artg_2008_0303_142.jpg

artg_2008_0303_143.jpg

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yeah this would have been a steel a year ago. I sold mine with out all the accessories for 1200.00 last year when people went stupid. Good gun and good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't sell any during the frenzy as I wanted to keep what I had not knowing where things would end up. Now that prices are reasonable again I don't mind letting this one go if someone would like it. Art G.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far I have found the three Vortex scopes I own to be outstanding for the money. Surprisingly clear and sharp at all power ranges and no problems holding zero. Needless to say at this price point they are made in China but again I have I have been 100% satisfied with mine so far. Art G.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts