Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had a 24" LR308 that worked great both suppressed and un suppressed. I had to put an adjustable gas block on it to work with the can. Too much back pressure otherwise. Would hold 5/8" 5 shot groups with my reloads. Factory mags functioned fine as well. You'll want to get a different trigger and I would recommend a Geissele. They are pricey but, worth EVERY penny!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have this one setting around, PM if you are interested. Original box, manuals, 2-19rd mags, 1-5rd, bi-pod, 30mm tube target scope, 24" bull barrel... Less than 150 rnds through it, no scratches...

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
mooster, that's interesting. My son's Rock River Arms LAR-8 in .308 works right out of the box with a suppressor.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Some of the early 308 AR10 had feeding problems. Got rid of the Armilite and back to the M1A.
The Newer ones have been farly dependable just keep it clean in the bolt area.

John G.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I load just a "tad" hot and without the adjustable block, it would nearly rip the rim right off of the cases. I ran the block 3/4 turn open from fully closed and the issue went away. Perfectly reliable. Take the can off and open it another 1/2 turn and rock on!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I own a DPMS LR308, and it's been a tack driver out of the box. I feed it Lake City Match 168gr BTHP's, and my own formulation LC match brass, 168gr Sierra BTHP, using Varget powder. The picture shows it with a Nikon Monarch. It will shoot 1/2 MOA at 200yards.

Best,
Dennis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.