Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
I agree that using a shot drop tube like a MEC loader has on it is supposed to keep the wad's shot cup pushed out tight with the hull -- but, it just does not do that. Take a look in the end of your 1 1/8 oz. loads and see what is going on, before you start the crimp. Downrange will have shot on the outside of the shot cup pedals. It is just the way Downrange Wads are made.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I use the DRA12 wad for 1oz loads in AA hulls, have done thousands on my MEC 9000H and have not experienced this problem. The finished shells come out looking like factory. I'm using them over 16.9gr. of Clays (Claydot). I really like the way way they work in the newer AA hulls.

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts
I have been using the Downrange Neon green XL-1 and their Remington TGT-12 clone on my 366. I regularly check to make sure the petals aren't folded in after the wad setting stage.

I have not seen the problem dr.beav mentions.

I suggest you contact Kevin at Downrange and talk to him about your observations.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
flip,

There is the DRA12-White (WAA12 Replacement - 1 1/8 ounce). There is also a DRA12-Pink (WAA12SL Replacement - 1 ounce).

Matt - Woodson Enterprises

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Flip,

You are correct. It is not listed on web, and I don't know why. Shoot me an email, and I will mail you a Downrange Product Guide. It shows all the wads and is in color.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises

·
Registered
48 Posts
I vote: Downrange. I have tried 4 other brands for my 7/8 oz load. The best patterns, by far. They load better than any other brand I have used. Much less plastic build-up in the choke.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have started using Downrange wads XL-1, XXL & Dr8 for all of my loading applications. I am very pleased with them.

I also appreciate the fact that if you have a question you can call of e-mail Kevin and will get a quick response.

Jerry Walker

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.