Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear that Drv20 wads uses waa20 wad data. I am looking for a loads for the following configuration and have had minimal success:

Sts hull, win209, alliant 20/28, drv20 wad.
Was told 15.5 grains
Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Call Kevin Lewis at Downrange Wads or call Alliant.

It uses the same info as the old Hornady Versalite wad, if you can find data for that. 20/28 may be new enough that data doesn't exist for that combination.

I have an old data page from Hornady, circa 1994, but 20/28 doesn't show up on it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Same things I have found- 20/28 too new - plenty of using sts and sts primer or win aahs and win209, but not the swap combo

·
Premium Member
5,929 Posts
While I have never used the DRV20 wad, I have seen reports it is POS. I use the Orange Duster, made by the same people.

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
I have used the DRV20 and have had good results with it. What were the complaints about it?

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Nebs,
Five guys saying they had a problem with the DRV20 on that forum is hardly a reason to come to a really BAD conclusion!
I have loaded at least 20,000 without a single "BLOOPER" as you call it. Downrange has sold millions to tens of thousands of reloaders and your drawing a conclusion based on (5) unhappy people?
Frankly, I love them and I do know this, if there was an issue with these wads, Kevin would have fixed it long ago. Great company with great products period.
Your always going to find folks that have issues with every single product that's manufactured in this world! Don't believe half the crap that you read on the INTERNET, try them yourself.
Happy Loading,
Mark

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
What Mark said.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Each to there own liking on wads- off topic as my question had to do with load data with sts win209 and 20/28

Drv20 are veraslite clones- veraslite was standard for many

1 - 9 of 9 Posts