Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

After an arduous process we have received approval from the state to reopen the club and will open on 5/16 subject to the rules in this newsletter.
As stated in previous email if you are sick, or unhealthy, please stay home. You are under no pressure to come to the club and if you are going to shoot then please bring a chair for your wait, and enjoy the outdoors of DGSC.
Much work has been done by the same constant volunteers as always so please be sure to thank them for being the backbone of the club. Without them we would not have been able to reopen.
Keep in mind we may have to close again should the state or county deem it necessary. I hope to see you all on the line!
Sincerely,

Judson Mann
President

·
Registered
129 Posts

After an arduous process we have received approval from the state to reopen the club and will open on 5/16 subject to the rules in this newsletter.
As stated in previous email if you are sick, or unhealthy, please stay home. You are under no pressure to come to the club and if you are going to shoot then please bring a chair for your wait, and enjoy the outdoors of DGSC.
Much work has been done by the same constant volunteers as always so please be sure to thank them for being the backbone of the club. Without them we would not have been able to reopen.
Keep in mind we may have to close again should the state or county deem it necessary. I hope to see you all on the line!
Sincerely,

Judson Mann
President
Seems you have tighter rules than other shooting clubs in Illinois??? Not sure why?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems you have tighter rules than other shooting clubs in Illinois??? Not sure why?
The state had shut down all social, out door clubs that were not law enforcement or certification class related. We were complying with the state rules and yesterday they provided guidance for us to reopen. We have close to 500 acres in Northern Illinois so this is a large operation with Trap, Skeet, Pheasant and Deer Hunting, 5 Stand, Sporting Clays, and Kitchen (Currently closed), all on the Illinois River. I wish it were an easy club to manage but it's pleasantly grown into the monster of Northern Illinois.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't understand why you guys felt you had to jump through hoops to open? Other clubs in Northern I
Don't understand why you guys felt you had to jump through hoops to open? Other clubs in Northern Illinois opened May 1 along with the golf courses.
Because May 1rst was still illegal according to the State and as a board member we didn't want to open the club to liability whether we were right to open early or not. The State just put this out yesterday AM:

Are outdoor shooting ranges permitted to open?

Yes, with restrictions. Minimum staff present to maintain operations, including range master. No congregating areas or clubhouse may be open. Put in place social distancing by signage or other means to mark distances between users. Users must be spaced by utilizing every other station or booth. The maximum number of customers permitted in the shooting area is half the total number of shooting booths/stations that are located at the range.

Indoor ranges: Guidance is still the same; indoor ranges are only for certification purposes and law enforcement training and practice. No recreational use.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
The problem is not the virus.The problem is the anti gun democratic mayor who will ruin the Illinois economy just to discredit the Trump administration for the coming election.I wouldn't be surprised if he shut down the Grand American in Sparta. Sam's Club,Costco Menards,Home Depot,are still open and don't have a quota as how many can shop at a time.
16 yard trap is about 9 ft apart. Do you think Prickzer ever saw a trap field in his life.We all know he has his head up his blank..We have billionaire who thinks he is the King.
Have a grand reopening...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
882 Posts
Here's hoping for a return to some kind of normalcy, lots of people asking about shooting!

I'll be there with gun in hand ... after my family returns from escaping IL for a week, please don't tell the gov. :)

Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Open it to the public! I know I would have shot there a few times if you were open...I have had to go to other places instead
They have a shooting membership that is not expensive at all. You can then shoot at that membership rate and save some money that way. I’ve shot at a lot of clubs over the years and I would say this is among the best out there. Just a thought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.