Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Downers Grove Sportsmens Club in Morris, Il. will be hosting our 2nd Annual Super Bowl Shoot on Super Bowl Sunday 2/2/14.

This is a 50 bird non-registered shoot that will be run concurrent with the Winter Jackrabbit shoot that we will also be hosting that day. You can participate in both events and be entered in a special Lewis on the 75 targets, you will use your 25 -16 yard targets for both programs. Jackrabbit website link above.

Special event auction starts at 9am. Entries for the Super Bowl Shoot are limited to 100 shooters.

There is a great luncheon for the Super Bowl shooters following the event, payouts will be done and everyone on their way home before 3pm so they can enjoy the game at home.

You can PM for more information, questions or entry. Thanks, Harv Shell

·
Super Moderator
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A great time is approaching fast, looking forward to seeing everyone on Super Bowl Sunday. Harv

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Harv put on a great shoot last yr, and the food was top notch. He had it catered in from Joliet I think. We were out of there by early afternoon.The Downers Grove club has 8 fields and I am sure we can use what he needs like last yr.

·
Super Moderator
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Al, you should be driving to Sycamore right now. Harv

·
Super Moderator
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Entries are coming in nicely, looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday. Always a good time and good food. Weather looks to be partly money, I mean sunny, with highs in the teens. Finally a heat wave.

·
Vendor
19,358 Posts
Harv. I realize "Downers Grove Sportsman club" is jsut a name in a different place due to population sprawl, but where is the club at now?

I grew up in Palos Heights a fer piece ago.

jack

·
Super Moderator
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jack, Downers Grove Sportsmens Club is now located in Morris, Il.

When they sold the property in Downers Grove, they purchased 500 acres here and built an awesome club with a beautiful clubhouse. 7 trap fields (now expanded to 8) with 5 skeet overlays and a 5 stand.

Several years ago a walk through sporting clays course was added, which is doing pretty well and growing. 4 golf carts were purchased last year to use as rentals for the sporting clays.

Let me know when you come down this way, I'll give you a tour and buy your shooting and lunch. Harv

1 - 11 of 11 Posts