Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
well,I ordered them from McNight in Az not knowing the shipping charge.Used to get them from Gamiael with target order for 67.00 at first years ago..I think the last were around 86.00- bucks.Thanks

·
Registered
21,635 Posts
WOW, That's more than double what we pay at the large shoots.
Last time I bought oem windjammers he charged me $65 a case of 5K.

Reactions: mg1polo

·
Registered
282 Posts
I really like the Downrange wad prices at Recob's myself

They have been out of stock for quite awhile on most things. I check my Wishlist there at least once or twice a day to see if anything is in stock.

Got my last 2 cases of DR wads from Precision couple of weeks ago. Took inventory of my stock this weekend and realized getting low on the 1 1/8 oz. XL-1 blue wads. Didn't get around to ordering more until this morning and went to order a case. Only 8 bags left in stock so I couldn't get the 10+ bag discount.

Order Total: $120.35

DOWNRANGE 12GA XL-1 BLUE
$12.26 EA
$98.08

Shipping Cost
$14.00

Sales Tax
$8.27

In todays world not going to complain.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I really like the Downrange wad prices at Recob's myself

They have been out of stock for quite awhile on most things. I check my Wishlist there at least once or twice a day to see if anything is in stock.

Got my last 2 cases of DR wads from Precision couple of weeks ago. Took inventory of my stock this weekend and realized getting low on the 1 1/8 oz. XL-1 blue wads. Didn't get around to ordering more until this morning and went to order a case. Only 8 bags left in stock so I couldn't get the 10+ bag discount.

Order Total: $120.35

DOWNRANGE 12GA XL-1 BLUE
$12.26 EA
$98.08

Shipping Cost
$14.00

Sales Tax
$8.27

In todays world not going to complain.
About the same price as Graf ? Son

·
Registered
448 Posts
To deflect any negative responses 1st let me say I have no intention of trying to hurt anyone or their business which I support with my continued purchases. I was responding to jet setter's post to which I had a similar experience. I was able to dig up my email from 2/27/2020 & pull of the pictures I sent to DR. I want to repeat that all the prior cases I purchased of these wads did not have this flashing issue.
No need to apologize for your inquiry, I hope these pictures help you to follow the issue better.

View attachment 1745729 View attachment 1745730
Exactly what my PC 28 wads look like. Plus, in the few bags I have used, there was a lot of excess plastic in the base of the shot cup.

Still, my limited overall experience with the wads are good. I much prefer them to CB wads.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Love DR wads, just ordered 4 bag's (2000 wads) from Graf & Sons. They were the 12ga.
1 1/8oz Wind Jammer-RPL. $64 included tax and shipping and NRA Donation.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
I tried one bag of Claybusters. Never again! I tried DRA-12's for the stack height with Green Dot in AAHS hulls, and now the only other make of wad I'd consider is WAA-12's. I like the DRRF8 and DRXL1 1/8's a lot, too, for my STS and Nitro hull loads.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Two day shoot this weekend. I will have a chance to shoot 400- 600 down range. Steve

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Two day shoot this weekend. I will have a chance to shoot 400- 600 down range. Steve
Was so happy with this wad
Was easy to load
No strings to pull pedal out of alignment
Pattern so well in the wind
Steve

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Steve how was the turnout for Kingsburg? Glad to hear you like the DR wads. They do work well.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
To deflect any negative responses 1st let me say I have no intention of trying to hurt anyone or their business which I support with my continued purchases. I was responding to jet setter's post to which I had a similar experience. I was able to dig up my email from 2/27/2020 & pull of the pictures I sent to DR. I want to repeat that all the prior cases I purchased of these wads did not have this flashing issue.
No need to apologize for your inquiry, I hope these pictures help you to follow the issue better.

View attachment 1745729 View attachment 1745730
Maybe that is an enhancement, so that a petal doesn't get inserted into the shot drop tube on a MEC when you place the wad. LOL.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Downrange makes a top of the line product.
I feel the same way about Clay Buster! Only place I ever find any buildup is in my 12 ga chokes, and those barrels are ported, so basically a cheese grater before the choke tube!

Shoot literally 1000's and 1000's of 20 ga each year, never have any build up in the tubes or the chokes.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The clay busters blades had many bent blades. The down range have only happen once out of 2000 wads so far
Steve

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Steve you can fix the bent petals by running them through a short warmup in a drier. heat will straighten the petals. This happens when the wads are bagged while their warm.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts