Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm supposed to go to Argentina later this month, but afraid a travel ban might happen between now and then.

Also have a trip to Jamaica scheduled with the wife the week after.

Anyone else have any travel plans they are worrying about?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I'm going to Tampa Saturday. :icon_rolleyes:

Arg. just reported first case of covid19. Older gentleman traveled from Europe; Italy actually, same as outbreak in Tampa... I would be worried about getting around pax from Asia or Europe rather than travelers going between US and South America. There has been no travel ban insinuated, but probably a good time to get trip insurance if there ever was one.

K

·
Registered
337 Posts
We supposed to travel to Thailand on Feb. 26. We cancelled our trip, we are not getting any refund according to the travel agent.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
My mother was supposed to fly to Italy then take a week long cruise with 5 of her friends in August. Trip cancelled. She's getting the majority of her money back, but I think she is having to eat the airfare.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Murph, heard on the news today some airlines are offering no charge changes. Imagine others will do the same.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Murph, heard on the news today some airlines are offering no charge changes. Imagine others will do the same.
What I saw was no fee refunds on trips booked from March 1st, 2020, thru January, 2021.

I bought mine way before that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A close friend was supposed to fly to Spain a few days ago for his honeymoon. AA cancelled his flights with no options for rebooking. He used points to book, though, and they did refund his points back to him. I guess this is better than having to cancel on your end and then getting nada back.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
A close friend was supposed to fly to Spain a few days ago for his honeymoon. AA cancelled his flights with no options for rebooking. He used points to book, though, and they did refund his points back to him. I guess this is better than having to cancel on your end and then getting nada back.
If the marriage flops will AA refund his Man Points with no option for rehooking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
14 Posts
I'm supposed to go to Argentina later this month, but afraid a travel ban might happen between now and then.

Also have a trip to Jamaica scheduled with the wife the week after.

Anyone else have any travel plans they are worrying about?
Hey people, you need not panic stay calm. At the darkest moment that is all we can do. if a travel ban is placed you can go to your trip some other time. Life is important not a single trip. With life there is every possibilities to achieve whatever we want sooner or later. Thank you

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
So far there have been 8 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Argentina. The first was a returnee from Italy who visited our own medical service in Recoleta. How unlucky is that?!

To the best of my knowledge there are no travel restriction associated with the virus from the US. The second link below provides more information on precautions from other locations.

Argentina reports eight confirmed cases of Covid-19
En el país, ya son ocho los casos confirmados, todos importados

Depending on where you plan to go to in Argentina you should be aware of Dengue Fever transmitted by mosquitoes in certain parts.

Argentina's disease concern is with dengue and the 3.000 cases reported so far

·
Registered
126 Posts
Go, take the normal precautions, enjoy your trip. Unless you are in poor health and have a compromised immune system go. Lots of hype and hysteria on this flue strain.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
It's just been decreed by President Alberto Fernandez that Argies returning to Argentina from "at risk" countries, the USA being one of those on his list, will be required by law to spend 14 days in self-isolation. Failure to comply will result in being banged up. My stepson is currently in Florida so this quarantine will affect him when he returns.

Será obligatoria la cuarentena para los que llegan de países de riesgo

There's no mention of provisions relating to foreigners visiting Argentina in this latest missive. Presumably tourists and their greenbacks are still welcome.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's just been decreed by President Alberto Fernandez that Argies returning to Argentina from "at risk" countries, the USA being one of those on his list, will be required by law to spend 14 days in self-isolation.
Thanks for sharing that, O.D. !!

Likely the end of my trip! Supposed to go Argentina end of March , and then with my wife to Jamaica first week of April.

Won't risk missing out on the Jamaica trip simply to shoot a bunch of pigeons!!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
The World Health Organisation has just decided to declare the Coronavirus outbreak a pandemic. No doubt that will trigger further restrictive preventative actions by most responsible governments around the world before very much longer.

Coronavirus confirmed as pandemic

On a lighter note, appealing to gallows humor, my 35 year old next-door neighbor who's an undertaker told me yesterday that he's hoping to retire by the end of the year.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
If it were me I’d wait until the coronavirus is no longer such a problem. As much fun as it would be to shoot Doves it’s not worth jeopardizing your health. I’m in the Hospital now for 8 days so far and I can’t go to a rehab facility in the hospital or outside. It’s all because of the coronavirus that is changing the rules each day. If I were here for 14 days (Incubation Period) they could transfer me but not until then. I see their point as spreading this could be fatal if they didn’t maintain control in any rehab or nursing home facility where many older and compromised people are. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
The Argentine newspaper 'Clarin' has just announced that it has removed its restrictions on limited free access to its online news regarding Coronavirus in Argentina in the interests of public health.

Clarin.com

If you don't understand Spanish you'll still have to use an online translation service.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts