Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
The cost varies on how many people hunt in your group, how many days you hunt, how many shells you shoot and what gauge gun, are you taking your guns or renting a gun, how much you tip and how much your round trip flight costs?

Dove Hunting.

The above link is just for information. I don't know squat about this lace.

·
Registered
945 Posts
It depends on your airfare (cheapest seems to be from Miami), your outfitter and each outfitter typically has a variety of packages, and if you want to include pigeons, perdiz, ducks, fishing. And I don't believe that the Argentine government is allowing international travelers into the country at the present time. My wife and I got a remarkably inexpensive trip to Cordoba from Houston last October and the entire trip cost us about $7000. That included airfare, housing, food, drinks, licenses, gun rentals, shells and tips (and we tipped generously because the service was so outstanding.) But we limited the amount of our shooting and didn't try to kill hundreds or thousands of birds per day. JPM

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Mine cost me $700, and I never left my house. That's how much deposit I lost due to the Covid.

If you can, pay for your deposit and everything else with Credit Card. Two of the guys are getting refunded by credit card company. Myself and another wrote checks, we're screwed.

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
By the time everything is tallied up, Airfare, Transfers, Hotels, Lodge, Outfitter, Tips, Ammunition.
5 day shoot is going to run ya really close to $5,000.00 with any of the reputable outfits.
MG

·
Registered
243 Posts
By the time everything is tallied up, Airfare, Transfers, Hotels, Lodge, Outfitter, Tips, Ammunition.
5 day shoot is going to run ya really close to $5,000.00 with any of the reputable outfits.
MG
I have never been but want to go so bad I can't hardly stand it,are you doing 3 days of shooting with a morning and afternoon shoot,six total hunts,and five days coming and going.
Have prices come down some or are there places that have better rates than I have looked at.

Thanks.......Greg

·
Registered
53 Posts
I heard the expense can add up from getting carried away in buying ammo. Always, currently there is a level 4 travel advisory for Argentina due to Covid-19.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Internal and international flights may start from 1st October, but don’t hold your breath.

Transport minister says 'return of regular flights' may begin on October 1

90,000 police officers in the Province of Buenos Aires are currently on strike for the second day running over pay and conditions...........and rightly so!

https://en.mercopress.com/2020/09/0...strong-ceases-activities-demanding-higher-pay

La Provincia busca encapsular el descontento de la Bonaerense mientras se multiplican los reclamos | TN

The total number of those who’ve had Covid-19 has passed the 500,000 figure and the death toll has passed 10,000. The unwelcome news is that the virus which was once mainly prevalent in the Province of Buenos Aires is now spreading to the other provinces.

High daily tally pushes Argentina past 500,000 infections

The good news is that four of my family who’ve recently had Covid-19 are recovering including one who spent nearly two weeks in intensive care in a Buenos Aires hospital.

I wouldn’t be planning a dove hunting trip to Cordoba just yet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I went year before last and with airfare, lodging, food, shells I spent right at 5K. I went the year before that and stayed at a slightly more upscale outfitter and spent about 6K.
Both trips I was able to shot over a thousand birds a day. I will be going back as soon as this Covid crap is over.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I went year before last and with airfare, lodging, food, shells I spent right at 5K. I went the year before that and stayed at a slightly more upscale outfitter and spent about 6K.
Both trips I was able to shot over a thousand birds a day. I will be going back as soon as this Covid crap is over.
When Argentina opens its borders again and dove shooting commences once more, you should find your expenditure is a fraction of what you previously paid unless you're being ripped off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was planning a trip for April 2020 that of course got canceled. Depending on how many shells you shoot your looking at about $5000-$7500! That was from Indiana!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Thanks for your insight Old_Diabetic_100!!!

Glad to hear your family have all recovered from Covid-19. Especially the one that was in the hospital!!! Take care and be well. Ta Ta for now. break em all Jeff
Jeff,

Thanks for those kind words. My family and friends are pretty spread out across Argentina. The worst of the pandemic is now in the provinces to the north and west of Buenos Aires. A close friend who's a doctor working in a hospital in Tucuman has just gone down with the virus. She's pretty sick right now. The government's lock-down isn't containing the virus and the economy continues to tank with no sign of anything improving in the short, medium or long term. Around 40% of the entire population is now living below the poverty line.

As if all this wasn't bad enough, a severe drought has resulted in immense forest fires. Cordoba Province has been and continues to be badly affected.

I think the doves in Cordoba will be safe from America hunters for some time to go!

Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts