Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see more and more shooters taking a second box of shells to the line and putting them on the walkway and change them out after they shoot 20 or 30 rounds, how do you manage the extra shells. Do you take an extra 5 to the third post or change boxes after the second post.?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have seen some leave the second box by their third post and pick it up before they start. I take both boxes and have one in each vest pocket.

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,763 Posts
A leather Two-box holder on my belt most of the time, or a box in each pocket for the few times I wear a vest. I always have 6 extra shells in my vest or rear pocket when I shoot Doubles..... ya never know.

I haven’t seen anyone place a box on the ground in the squads I've shot on.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'll sometimes pull five out of the second box so I start with 30 shells, and then place the second box on the 20 yard line on my 4th post. I've never had anyone kick that box over or complain.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Hi Ed. When I shoot without a vest I use one box holder. I put the box on my third post and take five shells out. When I get to my starting post I put three in my pocket and two in the gun. Only works if you shoot the same shell both shots. Looking forward to seeing you, gussers and ks okie at the grand!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a box in a pouch connected to my belt, 15 shells right vest pocket and 10 left vest pocket. I do it this way because I shoot lite 1oz 8's first shot (pouch) and 1.125 second (vest pockets) Always carry 4-5 extra shells. It really doesn't make much different how you do it. It's what works and is comfortable for you.

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
Good ol' Shamrock Leathers belt clip doubles setup

! shamrockdoubles.jpg

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have seen some leave the second box by their third post and pick it up before they start. I take both boxes and have one in each vest pocket.
k80bc - I would consider it rude to leave a partial box of shells on my station. I have seen really anal guys actually kick the spent casings off of the shooting pad before they start a new round!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I choose to place one box in each pocket of my shooting vest. If I were not wearing a vest, I think I would invest in the dual box belt clip system.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I use a second box holder. I’ve seen shooters place a box behind the pad on what will be their 3rd station. This doesn’t bother me in the least. I do kick off expended shells from the pad as I’m walking onto my next post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts