Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried shooting doubles today--My absolute worst. After doubles shot singles with my Infinity, the dynamics of the Infinity & its trigger became so apparent--I came to the realization I can't shoot my Beretta Gold E anymore. Waiting for Dennis to unveil his new combo.

Now here's the ?

For all you Infinity, Mach One & Silver Seitz shooters what gun do you shoot for doubles.
For me time is the most precious commodity---Please let me know what works

Thanx--Phil Berkowitz

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 3200 "Live Bird Gun" that I have for sale by Dennis DeVault---don't want to invest in a new stock & fitting and trigger conversion to release pull

Thanx--Phil

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
How many doubles targets do you have under your belt? Over what time span?

I'm still not that good at doubles but what helped me the most was the way I setup for the first bird. I still have some other issues I have to work on but practice and more practice is the key to most problems.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The gun patterns great,points great--if I try to shoot singles with it--forget about it---

If I can't hit the first bird I'm SOL
The difference is like going from a Ferrari to a 69 VW.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
14,688 Posts
You didn't say what your POI is. I shoot a POI of 13" at 28 yards on singles and caps. On doubles I like 10" at 28 yards. I shoot a Blaser Super trap and a MX 10/3 for doubles.

If you want a fig 8 and 9-10" POI at that yardage, you'll need a custom rib, or adjustable rib.

Frank Hoppe said you should be able to shoot singles with your doubles gun.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Setterman. I can't shoot singles with my doubles gun-- It will be history real soon.
Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
trapshootin hippie: I do to. You just have to learn to hold the 2nd shell properly between your 3rd & 4th finger so you can "flip" it right into the loading port at the exact instant the slide is in it's rearmost position, at that point the empty is already in the air leaving plenty of time & room to close the action for that 2nd bird. GRIN-chuckle-chuckle. Ross Puls

PS That did take me more that a couple tries.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Infinity lock time is three times faster than a Silver Seitz---it points like the finger of God-swings solo smooth with no recoil.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Shot Silver Seitz for years at singles/caps but a few years back I decided to get into dbls. Tried several but ended up with my K-80 TS. I like the ability to adjust the POI of each barrel separately, and the overall heft and smoothness of the gun. I look at dbls as an entirely different game so the trigger speed and other pointing related differences don't bother me.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Phil, you'll be right at home with Dennis's new O/U! I know it will point the same as your single barrel does today! The triggers will be mighty familiar to you also!

HAP

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
I started shooting my doubles gun at singles late last year. My average in singles went up about 3 targets in the last 1000. I learned that a more open choke helps my confidence at the 16 yard line. It works for me and after that many targets its hard to ignore the results. I shoot the Top Single barrel for caps only now on my MX8 Combo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts