Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since ,I,ve never shot any registered doubles & I've just sold by DeVault 391. I was looking @ a high end guns--but this is the way I'm leaning. A Beretta 682 with 32" barrels ,PFS & a Allems roller double release.--I'm currently shooting an Infinity, just wondering if any Infinity shooters would know how the Beretta would feel and swing compared to the Infinity. Or is just one of my dumb questions. Didn't consider a Browning because I don't want a ported gun. If Dennis comes out with a o/u thats what I'll be waiting on.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
718 Posts
Phil, look at the Guerini, particularly if you like a high-ribbed gun, I think they've finally gotten their release trigger to be reliable. I switched from an MX-8 and am very happy, although I use a pull trigger. Very, very happy with the balance and handling dynamics after putting a 7 oz Dead Mule device in the butt.

WNCRob

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another reason, for getting the 682 is that a PFS is made for it & I've noticed that the PFS has more of a pistol/ verticle grip that is similar to the Infinity.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Phil, How about a Kolar TA Max combo? I have the PFS on mine, even missing is fun. The gun is a joy to shoot. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
289 Posts
The best doubles gun I've ever had in my hands or owned is a Berreta Silver Pigeon II sporting, 32" feather light and swings like a feather.

G

·
Phil,

I like the way a 32" Beretta O/U swings and points. They are very quick to point and that's the way a doubles gun should be, at least for me. I would spend a little time shooting one as some don't care for the POI on Beretta's. If you catch the second bird still rising hard, you'll have to crawl up into the bird a bit.

If you can, get a Beretta with the newer optima bore barrels as they are a bit lighter and swing cleaner than the mobile choked barrels.

Try to get a forearm with a recessed latch. The barrels will build up a bit of heat and the latch will get quite warm creating a bit of a distraction.

ec90t

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.