Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is what I have going on. I currently use a Krieghoff KX6S for singles and caps. Love the gun. The best singles trap gun I have owed IMO. For doubles I use a perazzi MX7. It’s a lot flatter shooting then my KX6S and it costing me birds. I have been pondering asking permission from the boss. I hate to say it, but I would have to ask for this one to get a K80. Not the combo set just U/O. I figured I could set it up to shoot just like my KX6S and the feel should be the same on both of them also. Anyone shot both the KX6S and k80 have an opinion on this.

· Registered
15,172 Posts
After a few "Combos" I have always had to change comb height, rib setting, or both to make my OU work on doubles. I would look at it like a separate gun anyway.

You could also put different wood or higher soft comb and a Keen or Delrin rib on the Perazzi to make it shoot the height you need a lot cheaper than an entirely new gun.

· Premium Member
8,256 Posts
Ok so this is what I have going on. I currently use a Krieghoff KX6S for singles and caps. Love the gun. The best singles trap gun I have owed IMO. For doubles I use a perazzi MX7. It’s a lot flatter shooting then my KX6S and it costing me birds. I have been pondering asking permission from the boss. I hate to say it, but I would have to ask for this one to get a K80. Not the combo set just U/O. I figured I could set it up to shoot just like my KX6S and the feel should be the same on both of them also. Anyone shot both the KX6S and k80 have an opinion on this.
Look and handle a K32 or 3200.

Either should be a good compliment to the KX6 and considerably less expensive than a K80.

· Premium Member
3,703 Posts
I can't shoot doubles with my singles or caps POI. I need it lower for doubles. I attack the first bird and blow right over it if I got my washers on the comb. And for the second bird flatter helps 'cause the target ain't climbing as fast out there.

How do you KNOW its costing you targets just because it doesn't shoot like the KX6? Doubles and singles are two different sports...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.