Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have learned that South Dakota trapshooter Don Neuheisel passed away yesterday (Sunday, 11-24) while out hunting. Don (many time South Dakota State Champion) was an outstanding trapshooter and a great friend. His wit and wisdom will be missed by many at the many gun clubs he frequented. My condolences to his family and many friends. Hopefully as arrangements are made, someone can fill us in with the details. Kenny Nelson

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am really sorry to hear this sad news, I enjoyed shooting with Don in Sioux Falls, Sioux City, and at the old El Paso Gun Club wihen Earl Scripture was there.

Our condolences to the family and many friends.

Ron & Jane Schroer

Sun City, Texas

·
0 Posts
Don was a no non-sense guy.

He didn't hesitate to correct you if you strayed from some trapshooting etiquette on his squad.

Shot with him many times over many years and I learned to like him very much.

He was always a staple at the Crooks shoots. Sorry to hear this news.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Our condolences to Family and Friends. We will certainly miss Don. Once arrangements are made we will do our best to post info here.

Bud

·
Registered
77 Posts
Rick,

You beat me to it. Thank you for posting the link to Miller F.H. handling arrangements for Don.
He will be missed. I was privileged to shoot with him many times. He was part of our squad during our State Shoot for at least twelve plus years.

Mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link to the site with the arrangements. I know dad plans to get there for the services - Steve Wagner was planning to pass the info on to dad, but I'll pass this on to him as well. Again, thanks. Ken

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
I shot with Don on many, many occasions and enjoyed his empirical demeanor.

A nice guy who called a spade a spade.

It is a reminder that we are all getting on in age and need to do the things we like FIRST.

As they say, "Eat dessert first!"

So long old buddy.

Thanks to Steve Wagner for emailing me the details of our buddy, Don.

Whiz

·
Registered
227 Posts
Don was a second cousin to me. He always flashed a big simile and exclaimed, "Hi cuz". I will always remember him for his shooting ability and his gentleman demeanor. No one else was like him but then all the old timers were very special in their own way.

RIP Don.

Cousin Gary Riecke

·
Registered
151 Posts
Received the news of Don passing away earlier this afternoon and have spent the time since then thinking of all the good times I shared with him.

Shot a lot of targets, drove a lot of miles, shared lots of motel rooms and have lots of memories.

Most recently Don & I spent the day traveling to George Leisure's funeral North of Minneapolis so we had a lot of time to reminisce about the "good old days.

Unfortunatly, I am in the Atlanta, GA area for Thanksgiving and will not be able to make it to the services for my long time, good friend "The Donald".

I will miss the phone conversations, the lunches and Don's perspective and wit on just about any subject that came up. There was never any doubt as to his opinion. What you asked was what you got, there was never any "sugar coating".

Don was a good & loyal friend and I will miss him.

My condolences to "Sammie", Kevin and the girls, plus the rest of the family.

Rest in peace my friend.

Tom Hamann
Sioux City, IA

·
Registered
151 Posts
Posting this for Don at the request of my Son Brandon (Boomer)

Received a phone call from my dad (Tom Hamann) about the news of Don's passing. Have met alot of great guys over the years shooting around the country and Don certainly has a special place in my heart.

Spent alot of time as a kid being around guys like Don and Al Tomnitz, the Sioux Falls duo.

Rest in peace Don, your wit will be missed. Boomer

Brandon Hamann

·
Registered
209 Posts
Gonna miss Don. Was a good shooter and as has been stated no-nonsense. Don was and still is a great name in the trap shooting game. Thanks for everythiong Deon. Oldstuff

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don's committment and bond to his freinds in ATA Registered Trapshooting was never more evident than on May 12th, 2012 when he accompanied Bob Felber and Tom Hamann on a road trip to Beaverbrook Sportsmen Club in East Bethel, Minnesota from Sioux Falls, South Dakota for the George L. Leisure Honor Shoot and just this past October when Tom & Don again made the trip for George's funeral.

I just spoke with Sue Leisure who wanted me to pass on to Don's family her heartfelt sympathy in Don's passing. She remains today so grateful for the impact that Don's freindship had on George throughout all the years that this group shot together.

To Don's family, always be mindful of the legacy that Don left behind, he was true to his values of integrity & character and brought out the very best in those who had the pleasure to be in his presence. He will be surely missed.

Bob Wiltse & Stephanie Young

68honmottnvm_2013_26096.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts