Trapshooters Forum banner

Dog-legged handle for P/W

2855 Views 27 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  joe kuhn
Hello,

Many years ago, I had found a guy who made aftermarket handles for 366 and P/W presses which had, for lack of a better term, a dog leg bend in the handle. He even tapped an 8 ball to use on the end. Of course, I sold that press with the handle. I've looked high and low, but I can't find anything like it in the usual places.

Does anyone remember these, and if so, have a current contact? I want to say the name was Richard, but could be wrong on that.

Thanks,
Chase
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Premium Member
7,076 Posts
Don Brown made bunches of the handles. PW copied it but settled with Don. I believe Don is in a nursing home in poor health. He was always inventing something, several things for a PW and later for his Spolar.
Yes your right His name was Don Brown . If I remember correctly he was a farmer also. My handle was bent at 90 degree angles, very comfortable to use.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don Brown made bunches of the handles. PW copied it but settled with Don. I believe Don is in a nursing home in poor health. He was always inventing something, several things for a PW and later for his Spolar.
I think this was the guys name; didn't know PW had copied it. Sorry to hear about his poor health!

Thanks all for chiming in- would love to see pictures if anyone has some to share.

· Registered
848 Posts
.....and what is wrong with the PW ergo handle?
I bought an "ergo" looking for more comfort and adjustability. I didn't find it in the ergo but I DID find what I wanted in their "shovel" handle:

With this handle the shaft can be rotated in the loader's cross shaft to point in different directions coming toward the use plus the handle itself, being bolted on instead of welded on, can also be rotated to provide the most comfortable wrist angle.

· Registered
63 Posts
My 1974 PW 800B (converted to 800C). Came with ball handle (it would wear a blister in the palm of your hand). Next came the straight shaft shovel handle (not sure where I bought it). Been using the ergo shaft with shovel handle for many, many years - my favorite - not sure where I bought it - might have been Don Brown.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.