Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My club has a kitchen that is staffed by a cook who we subsidize a little. It is great to be able to get breakfast and lunch right there on weekends and good for camaraderie too.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,725 Posts
Three I frequent to have crocks with anything from burgers and brats to dogs and chicken.
Two others have full kitchens...another that I don't go to very often has a full kitchen but isnt really open unless someone left the fryer on...
UCOA in Findlay has a kick-ass tenderloin that's a meal in-itself and comes highly recommended ;)
If your at the Cardinal Center, go to Karen's Kitchen and ask for a Shaggy-Dog...All beef dog covered in BBQ pulled-pork topped with slaw. Add relish, onion, pickles and top with ranch dressing and it's a meal...grab a roll of paper towels though.
Thanks, Yankee...now I'm hungry

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
One of the clubs I belong to has breakfast every Sunday, except Easter and Christmas, from 730 - 9 for $5. Pancakes, waffle, eggs/meats/potato/toast/coffee. Can't go wrong!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Both of my clubs offer food. One has just about everything you would expect, cooked to order by a good short order cook. The other grills stuff to order or has something in a crock pot that was prepared at home and reheated.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
On our weekly practice days we have coffee, hot dogs and soup. The issue is trying to get the members to do the honorable thing and put the requested dollar amount in the can

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Back when our club was small, we had a great breakfast every Sunday. Now it's only open for events if we get a cook.
We do have a candy and coke machine but bring crisp dollar bills:(

·
2,747 Posts
Every day the Silver Dolar is open (now 7 days a week till the end of March), the Snack Bar is open, with breakfast (ham, bacon eggs, bagels, English muffins, etc.) and lunch (burgers, dogs, great fries, Cubans-sandwiches, that is, chili, salads and lots of others stuff)

Really great and they work very, very hard during the Dixie, Southern and State Shoot and do a wonderful job with very few, if any complaints.

Bob

·
Administrator
8,305 Posts
My local club has a kitchen, during league nites we serve burgers--polish dogs ect. on reg. nites we have some folks that prep some really good food depending on what they decide and just ask for a donation to cover the cost of the food.

·
Registered
148 Posts
We serve burgers and chicken breast sandwiches. Not much else but the burgers are some of the best in town I eat there every week we serve food (summer months only).

·
Registered
155 Posts
May I digress to the Pocono Slate Belt, PA when Kermit and his wife would cook outstanding breakfast and lunch meals. Lappawenza , need spell check for this name, also made great lunches.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What's it worth to the members to have onsite food and a reason to hang out with the guys?

I think the money for rent, etc should be minimal. I don' t think the chefs / cooks make much $$ off the high rollers at a gun club. They do it because they like it and when you consider the times when there is low turnout etc you gotta give em a break. We only charge our person $25/ mo. . She has been there rain or shine for 3 years. Before that it was the revolving door and good grub or lousy grub depending on who was running the kitchen. Heck, our person even makes take home meals for the single guys/ divored ,etc.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My club has dinner every other friday night get about 20 to 3o attending cost about 5 -7 dollars per person depending on menu a fun night.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The club my kids practice at has a kitchen staffed with a cook - I try to use it whenever we are there. I like having it available. Another club we shoot at doesn't have a kitchen, but they have a cooler for drinks

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
The nearest club to me does not even have an Igloo water cooler. The next nearest club has a coke machine and water in Igloo coolers. No food at either club.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts