Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a couple of summers ago when a local shooter broke them all. He was beaming like a high school kid the day after prom, even though he was in his 70’. When the lower class shooters manage to run them you can see their faces light up and their on cloud 9 for the day. Does it ever get old?

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
I'm getting old, but not 100 straight.

It feels like the morning after woke up next to a beautiful girl and her bra still hanging on the headboard, but can't really remember how did it happened.

Done enough times so I'm familiar with the excitements, heart pounding, can't hear or see anything next to me when near the end, but can't remember how did I get there.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Not for me. In fact, I was in a bit of a slump this year, and it didn't appear I was going to have a Straight all year. Ran 3 99's at the US Open, and then finally, ran the 150/150 in the 12 ga event at the World shoot. Won AA class, so a great finish to a rather unexciting year. That was the first time I ever ran the 150 , I've had 100's in all other gauges at the World in the past.

·
Thorn in your side
8,121 Posts
Not yet it hasn't. I lost count how many I have, but I remember the first like it was yesterday, and everyone after that has been a struggle, a relief, and a great feeling. I can't wait till spring gets here so I can try to get another one. I shoot through the winter, but not near as much.

·
Premium Member
2,449 Posts
No way!
Although it has been a while. Agree it is also a hoot to shoot on a squad where someone gets on a run. I don't count their targets, but can see the score sheet and know what is possible. Ran 85 or so at a shoot last fall and SHOULD have had one, but a 99 had to be satisfactory. The nerves still get a tingle when I am in them. It just doesn't happen that often...

Scott Hanes

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess if you don’t get that butterfly feeling on the last post you might as well give up shooting. After I shot my first 100 and 200 I’ve never started an event thinking I couldn’t run them. Unfortunately it doesn’t work out that way very often.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts