Trapshooters Forum banner

Does anyone own Kuiu pants...what do you think of them

3205 23
I am looking at the KIUI "Attack Pants" I hunt 3-4 days a week in the early season when it is still warm out. Anyone own them, and what is your opinion of them.

I don't mind dropping the money if they are good, but I am a little worried about dropping a bunch of dough on a crappy product that is just a marketing gimmick.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
I am looking at the KIUI "Attack Pants" I hunt 3-4 days a week in the early season when it is still warm out. Anyone own them, and what is your opinion of them.

I don't mind dropping the money if they are good, but I am a little worried about dropping a bunch of dough on a crappy product that is just a marketing gimmick.
Might be better off going to a milsurp store and buying rip stop poplin jungle fatigue pants. They have cargo pockets and leg laces to keep snakes ( and chiggers ) from crawling up the leg. They last a long time and aren’t so heavy as to be too hot on early season. Available in cammo patterns too …

· Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might be better off going to a milsurp store and buying rip stop poplin jungle fatigue pants. They have cargo pockets and leg laces to keep snakes ( and chiggers ) from crawling up the leg. They last a long time and aren’t so heavy as to be too hot on early season. Available in cammo patterns too …

Ya, thats what I have not pulled the trigger, if BDU work for our troops I am sure they be fine walking in sage and grass. Not worried about Camo. My favorite hunting pants and from an old light wool blend suit, but I finally ripped them. I am not a brand whore but don't mind spending money on good products.

· Registered
110 Posts
I really like KUIU Attack pants. Super comfortable through a variety of conditions, don't bind your legs when you walk, and especially when you climb steep hills. They aren't rain gear but shed a bit of water and then dry very quickly. The side zippers help a bunch shedding heat on hard climbs. They are durable....unless you are in stickers....I won't wear mine in the AZ cactus or catclaw which will shred them. I use mine for hunting around and above treeline. I also have several pair of solid colors for traveling, like them to drive or fly in.

· Registered
2,705 Posts
I've got the attack pants attack jacket and the down coat. Very nice material but runs small. Like athletic fit. If you are slim and trim order your size. It's expensive but seems to be really good quality. The goose down jacket is well worth the money. Talk about warm. Just dont wear it anywhere near prickers or briars.

· Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Carhartt duck pants for me. I hunt Arizona quail early season (hot) and late (warm). They will turn Spanish daggers up in Mearns country if not a direct hit! Perfect for catclaw and lots of other desert stickers.

· Registered
1,563 Posts
Reactions: henrydog

· Registered
295 Posts

I bought a pair last year and am more than pleased with them. They have been great when the temp is in the 40-50 degree range and are also fine when mercury dips low with a pair of long handles beneath. I am a nitpicker for quality and the pants hav become a favorite.

· Registered
64 Posts
I have several pair of Kuiu pants including a couple Attacks. I like them a lot. Slightly slimmer fit but I still wear the same size that I do with jeans. The stretch fabric is very nice. If you plan to ever layer underneath them you may want to go a size larger. They're a very good all around pant. I don't think you'd regret buying them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.