Trapshooters Forum banner

Does anyone know John Thibodeaux?

1950 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  shotgunpeople
I am looking for this guy, or a device similar to the one he makes, for a friend who has reduced vision in his right eye (he is right handed).

I am not looking for advice on how he can learn to shoot left-handed. Just trying to find a tool to make it so that he can continue to shoot, please.

Thanks.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
12,792 Posts
Devi...I can't help it...Is his best friend's name Boudreau?

Sorry

· Banned
5,706 Posts
Aren't you looking for the SIDE SIGHTER, an rib that is on the left side of stock for RH shooter, the gentlemans name slips my mind that made it, I sold several of them for him at our club 2 years ago.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

· Registered
888 Posts
I believe the "Side Sighter" was made and marketed by a gentleman in Canada by the name of Natrass. Hence the "Natrass Side Sighter"

I believe both he and his daughter, Susan, were / are world class shooters.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

· Registered
4,410 Posts
Allen Timney used to make a side rib that wold attach to the regular rib ... he would measure the distance between your eyeballs and off set them to match ... they worked very well.

· Registered
10,783 Posts
Floyd Nattrass created the HIGH front bead post in order to use an elevated comb. Don Carey developed the side-sighter beads and may have some left over.

A rib can also be used off to the left side for those having right eye problems also.

Hap

· Registered
2,639 Posts
Musical instrument Brass instrument Saxophonist

I have no idea who made this but when I put it to my shoulder it was spot on for my left eye.

Someone must have taken the measurements for the shooter and got the distance from his right eye to the left eye transferred to the rib supports. I would imagine it took some time to get the point of impact just right and then they actually bolted the supports to the rib on the gun.

Quite a unique idea to me.

Pictures compliments of Trapshooting Hall of Fame.

Thanks to Tami, and the late Lynn (Doc) Parsons for allowing me to have these pictures taken. Lynn had told me that this was what the Museum was all about. To educate people about all things pertaining to the sport.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.