Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Mossberg Silver Reserve field, 28", M & F, black walnut stocks, MSRP $693.

Anyone actually shot one?

Quality?

Where is it made?

Sounds like it could be a fun gun for sporting clays, small game and upland if it's built decently. Price is attractive but that means squat if it is unreliable.

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far the reviews I've seen by owners are favorable AFTER the 2008 firing pin redesign. If the review was BEFORE 2008 there are some negative comments. I was hoping someone here had actual experience with this gun.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Brian, Brian, Brian. You and I have had our issues, but I at least thought you were a hard-core gun dude. Why in the world would you consider such a low-end Turkish Turd?

-Gary

·
Supporting Vendor
10,547 Posts
Yeah, I know first hand that it's a piece of crap. That's about the nicest thing I can say about it.

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WHY? Curious because I knew nothing about this gun. That's why I'm asking.

Tron's feedback is what I'm looking for. Someone here who actually has experience with it.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
What is there to know? It's a POS because it's an Over-Under that lists for $693 new. Don't you have any understanding at all about manufacturing costs, materials & labor?

-Gary

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i bought a nice used one for 400 bucks and, fortunately, was able to dump it pretty quickly for 400 bucks. good luck with it

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gary, you work too hard at being snarky.

The feedback from Tron and Quartering, people who actually have had hands on experience, is what I was looking for. Real experience, not noise. Sometimes you find a diamond in the rough, but all too often it's worthless.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Hey, does anybody on here have hands-on experience with those Rolex watches you buy on the street in NY City for $20? Are they good quality? I know a Rolex usually costs 10 grand, but I figure these guys just cut out the middle-man.

-Gary

·
Banned
127 Posts
Brian

Sounds like you want to hear good things about the gun so you can justify the purchase.
Do the math. A Perazzi, which ain't all that special, costs about 10k new. You can pick up used ones for 6k, ten times the cost of that 410.
one tenth of nothing special equals a piece of shit.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Yeah, but I heard Mossberg has a magic metal factory and genetically engineered trees that grow pre-checkered walnut.

-Gary

·
Premium Member
10,597 Posts
I loved mine. 1972. Mechanical triggers, ugly wood but a great doubles gun. Shot some of my best averages in doubles with her. Sold it back to service manager at Browning. He still shoots it for doubles.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
LOL Barry, did you look at the gun he's talking about? In 1972, the dufus who designed this POS hadn't been born yet.

-Gary

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Would'nt Waste your Money...Know someone that bought the 20/28 combo...Horrible trigger..Barrel regulation was even Worse..and the List Just gets Longer the more you shoot it..Firing pins known for breaking.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have no experience with the .410 model but the 20 ga and the 12 ga guns that I have seen were not good quality. Both quit shooting before they got to 1000 rounds. Both were taken to a very good gunsmith who was reluctant to even try to work on them. Both were bought by guys who had been advised not to buy them and neither has been able to sell their gun the last I knew. JPM

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For those of you with actual hands on experience, thank-you. That's all I needed to know. Won't bother to look at it any further.

For the pesky shoo-flies... meh.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.