Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the Remington Peerless I think, I haven't owned one. Does anyone have experience with one of these? The good the bad?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
A friend of mine bought one new. It had a bent rib, which Remington said was within tolerances ... it was traded back into the dealer that he bought it from. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
had one and sold it...was supposed to be a field gun for hunting only...but the bottom barrel shot 2ft low and 2ft left at 35yds

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
My experience with the early models wasn't good - it all. I took 2 of them to the Nationals in SAT and they both broke. I could never keep them both working at the same time.

They may have been OK for a field gun, but my experience says they are not high volume shooters. Sorry. Sad thing is that they fit me very well - like most of the Remington's I've owned.

IMHO,
Kip

·
Supporting Vendor
10,125 Posts
Had 2, shot the first one loose in less than 15,000 rounds. Second one would double fire on occasion (after the recall that took over 3 months), sold them both, never looked back.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had four Peerless. Never had a problem with any of them, except, on one I got Remington to remove the filler between the barrels. The only problem was that when the gun was fired it rang like a bell. Remington re-installed it for me. I used these guns and the upgrade Sporting model for many years. Never a failure. I shot these in Sporting events every weekend for many years.. I still have a 30 inch one and will keep it. Great field gun and sporting gun for me.

Bud Johnson

·
Registered
253 Posts
It is the worst piece of junk that remington has ever made, my father had one, it would double sometimes, not fire the second barrel others, after going back to remington 3 times, and it not being repaired, had a 1 month fight with them, and they finally took the gun back, and gave him the money that he paid for it.

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.