Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the Lyman Shotshell Reloading Handbook lots of load info for the 12ga RTL's but nothing for 12ga RST.

Can I use same load info or ?

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
RST is a totally different manufacturer.
I've never seen reloading data for them anywhere. As Nitroman27 has advised, don't use Rem. Data For RST Hulls.
Good Luck,
MG

·
Registered
848 Posts
I don't know whose shell RST uses for 12ga, but I reload some for the old 10ga SxSs that use 2 5/8 or 2 7/8 shells. As far as I know all 10ga hulls are straight walled. Because I'm keeping pressures down, I use the same data for all my 10ga hulls - Rem, Win, or Fed. I called RST once and was asking some questions about 12ga and they said they use wads meant for tapered hulls in their straight wall hulls. He said " how else do you think we keep pressures so low "? I believe all their 12ga hulls are straight walled.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I shoot factory 2.5 inch RST shells in my vintage 16g AH Fox SxS and the hulls are cheddite hulls.

I suggest calling RST and ask them what hulls they use in 12g. I have found the RST folks to be very helpful and accommodating, when asking the pressures, etc., of their various shells.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Because I like to reload at low pressures, right or wrong, I treat all straight walled hulls the same and all taper wall hulls the same. RST shells are straight walled so I'd just use data for Federal hulls. I'd have trouble believing the pressure would change more than 500 to a 1000 from a Fed to Cheddite hull, if any. If reloading at 6 to 7500psi, you won't run into trouble. JMHO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts