Trapshooters Forum banner

One gun for all events or multiple?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
1st post but I’ve pulled a lot of good information from this forum. My question is this- how many of you shoot different guns for different events? I’ve been shooting an o/u for everything but the side of me that loves buying guns says I need a single for 16/caps.

A

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,770 Posts
Tried a lot of different guns/things but settled into a groove with unsingle for singles and handicap and OU for doubles. I enjoy trying different guns but afterwords I always shoot a couple rounds with my primary just to shake off any bugs.

· Banned
196 Posts
Haven’t shot ATA for a number of years. Often used different guns (pump, stack,auto)or stock configurations for the same event in the following shoot.Some practice in the week before the shoot with what ever was up in rotation. Was not concerned about attaining the 12th level of big dog status.

· Registered
323 Posts
I voted 1 gun because I shoot a combo. There’s tons of cosmetic differences between my new gun and my 21 year old reliable back up combo. But looking over barrels & fit feel/feel of stock is as identical as humanly possible. All POI are same as are the choke/patterns.
only difference I ever notice is the newer gun with unsingle seems to move to target quicker than old top single

· Registered
159 Posts
Involuntarily use 1 gun for everything, its getting old picking shells for games that require more than one shot...sure do love my Beretta auto otherwise. My new over under just arrived...but will need some stock work...couple more weeks of flinging hot brass at my sqaud mates for me!

· Premium Member
Krieghoff K80
364 Posts
With my back problems my K80 (10lbs) was getting heavy after 8 or 9 stations.

I bought a Beretta A400 (7 1/2lbs) for shooting practice. It worked great and I could keep shooting practice. Of course it didn't my shooting. :LOL:

· Registered
1,291 Posts
I Shoot a KX6 special for singles and cap, and the o/u barrels of a CG summit unsingle combo for doubles

Reactions: CJB

· Registered
127 Posts
I am basically a beginner, probably >500 ATA targets and am in my second year on a league. I shoot a Bt-99 w/34” barrel and do well with it. I shot my first year with my Win. Black Shadow pheasant gun a w/26” barrel and won my class with a 94/100 at my second shoot. Haven’t hit over 90 since, in a meet at least.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
I haven't shot doubles for about 40 years, and no intentions to do so. I shoot a Ljutc for singles and caps, and have an 1100 Competition should I get a desire to shoot doubles. I also shoot that one for Sporting Clays.

· Registered
3,054 Posts
I started with an O/U for everything. Being it was a sporting clays model. When I got into Trap, one of the local top guns suggested I pick up a Beretta 682 combo. I did but got caught having to borrow a gun when it broke at a state shoot.
So now I have 2 Joel Etchen Beretta 687s; an unsingle and an O/U. Each is a back up for the other, since the barrels work on either. I shoot the unsingle for Singles and Handicap.

Jason

· Premium Member
6,293 Posts
I have two trap guns that are similar.
I don't take both to a shoot. My thoughts are that it wouldn't help switching back and forth.
They are both combo guns and the older one is used for games and the new one is for registered.
Henry

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.