Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I shoot a LOT more....but it's not Trap.
:biggrin2:
Since retiring, I've been able to get to my gun club 3-4 times per week and enjoy shooting a couple of flintlock rifles.
STEEP learning curve, but it's a really great feeling when it all comes together. :hand34:

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Whose retired. Still working to support my habits. Fortunate, thanks to electronics, that I still can work away from home and office. Not ready for that damn rocking chair yet.

Don

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Retired last June. Seems as though I'm shooting as much as before. The real test will be this fall. I love to hunt and sometimes went hunting on the weekends when I was working Monday thru Friday. Now I can hunt during the week.
George

·
Registered
283 Posts
I retired in 2005 at age 55 (mandatory). Shooting and fishing more, just can't spend as much. Saving for a nice Perazzi is taking longer than I wanted. Shooting a Kemen, which is nice, but want an MX8 SBT. Maybe I'll enjoy it that much more.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
no.
I shot shotgun as much as 'kim' when I was on the navy team, plus the rifle and pistol.
fyi, she didn't shoot on a rifle pistol team.
I did.
lol.

so what about now?
no way.
I moved on to managing my own place and showing others how to shoot...to be more exciting. I sold the shooting mirror decades ago.
some don't.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
When not going to doctor appointments and hospital/surgeries, would like to shoot again....haven't touched a shotgun in over a year. If you and spouse have good health, say a prayer of thanks! Regards,. Ed

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Yes, could not find any time to shoot while working, and joined a club prior to retirement so I could have a place to play. I am able to go to tournaments that start on Thursday or Friday without having to ask permission! Retirement is a GOOD thing. Steve

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Sort of the same, but now I can consult the weather conditions on wunderground.com and decide if spending $104 on all three events is going to be worth it. A stiff headwind or 90% chance of rain can change my plans. In the "old days", you pretty much had to drive 30-90 miles and take what you got. I do shoot league once a week, rain or shine.

I guess I probably shot more before I retired, because when I was working, I NEEDED the diversion. Before :mad:. After :p

Bob Falfa

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
When not going to doctor appointments and hospital/surgeries, would like to shoot again....haven't touched a shotgun in over a year. If you and spouse have good health, say a prayer of thanks! Regards,. Ed
Tell me about it. I thought this was supposed to be my golden years, maybe for the doctors but I don't see it. Now I have to squeeze shooting in in-between doctors appointments and surgeries. It's worse now then when I was working. At least then I could take leave or a sick day. But now... NADA.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts