Do you remember your first date with your wife. | Trap Shooters Forum
  1. Recently members have been receiving an email about confirming their account. Do not click the link. If you have done so and entered your login information, change your password immediately, and ensure the email address on your account is correct. This is a phishing scam designed to take your login information. Details here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/confirmation-email-warning.694601/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Members are required to have 50 posts before using the Classifieds Area, or PM system to contact. Any subversion of these rules will result in action taken against your account. The rules are posted here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/rules-for-using-the-for-sale-by-members-want-to-buy-want-to-trade-sections.265247/
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you remember your first date with your wife.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by FlynLiver, Jun 22, 2020.

1. FlynLiver

FlynLiver Well-Known Member Verified Youth Coach/Director

I was 16 she was 15 and I remember the look on her moms face as we left on my Yamaha Maxum 750 with a Vetter front faring we went and played mini golf. This I wouldn't consider our first date we where more or less just hanging around each other. Probably 6 months later I asked her if she wanted to go see a movie and get some thing to eat after. This next part Murph will like. I pick her up after work. I worked at a Mink Ranch and on the way to my parents house so I can take a quick shower I have to stop at the neighbor's farm and feed the cows. (Joe the owner is in Arizona) I notice a cow giving birth but the calf is breech. I located Joe's son Dean and we came up with a plan. The cow was pretty stressed and just laying there so I was to push the calf back up into the cow and turn it a round this works but I had both my 16 year old buggy wipe arms up past my elbows to do this. I get the calf started head first and it comes out with some help but its was to late for the little calf. This whole time my now wife was up in the barn watching from the steps and keeping Dean's little daughter busy. When I came up from the lower part of the barn I was covered in cow juices and she didn't evening blink a eye she was sad the calf didn't make it but said we need to get you to a shower you stink. We never did get to the movie or out to eat that night and she was two hours late getting home. Her mom didn't believe our story at first. I knew she was a keeper after that date and she always came with me to the farm after this to help feed a the animals, bale hay and check fence.

Chance McCall, agman30, Bluegoose and 8 others thanked this.
  2. Raystownbob

Raystownbob Active Member

No I can't remember the first date. In fact I can't even remember my wife since I've been divorced for 27 years!!!

391 shooter, vatrap, Kizaru and 3 others thanked this.
  3. Snooky

Snooky Well-Known Member

Witch wife lol

K-Hornet and tomk2 thanked this.
  4. derbyacresbob

derbyacresbob Well-Known Member

No, but I do remember when I shot my first Cottontail Rabbit with a pellet gun!

Kizaru, big kahuna, wingmaster78 and 2 others thanked this.
  5. 9manfan

9manfan Well-Known Member

Yep, asked her out the last week of our senior year , our first date was to be on our last day of school which was senior skip day, somehow I managed to wreck my car that day and with no wheels I called and talked to her Mom and said to tell Sue I won't be able to make it tonite, she got home and thought I had stood her up, luckily a friend picked me up that nite and we headed over to a neighboring town where I knew she was attending her cousins Graduation, told her what happened and the rest is history,we just Celebrated our 41st Anniversary 2 weeks ago........................

Phatmann, Kizaru, Township Chief and 11 others thanked this.
  6. broadway john

broadway john Well-Known Member

Nope. BTW what is this wife thing you speak of?

charleyj10 thanked this.
  7. FlynLiver

FlynLiver Well-Known Member Verified Youth Coach/Director

Congratulations

391 shooter, CharlieAMA and 9manfan thanked this.
  8. Dukefan

Dukefan K-80 TS or Seitz 1045 TS Supporters

Funny! I can relate! :D

handlepuller thanked this.
  9. Garry

Garry Well-Known Member

My wife and I never dated before we were married. I met her in a field of unpicked corn in November 1968. I had taken a week’s leave and driven home from Ft. Sill, Ok to go pheasant hunting with my grandfather, my father, and my younger brother.

When I drove into my parent’s driveway, I noticed that both of their vehicles were in the garage and my father’s model 12 20ga was missing along with my mother and their golden retriever. We lived on the west road of the city limits, so I knew where my mother and father were hunting. I quickly changed into my hunting clothes, grabbed my Remington 870 16ga walked up the railroad tracks until I heard my father calling Jake, his golden retriever. Since the corn had not been harvested yet, I could not see them, but I could hear them and into the standing corn I went to intersect them. When we met up the first thing, I noticed was a girl was them, who I had never seen before. Introductions were made and I found out her name was Chris. Later that evening I asked my mother what was up with this girl. My mother told me that Chris was from a city up north and was attending nursing school in our city. Chris had called my mother to see if my mother needed some help teaching adult swimming classes and my mother said yes. My mother and father soon fell in love with this young lady and they invited her to spend the weekends at their house instead of the dorm. So, this girl had been staying at my parent’s house on the weekends for a school year and my parents had not told me.

During my week of leave, I hunted pheasants, attended my brother’s wedding, and spent a little time taking with this girl. She drove a new white Pontiac Firebird with a red interior. The day before I left to drive back to Ft. Sill, I told her I liked her car and she asked if I wanted to ride in it. I said sure and went for a short ride.

A week after I get back to Ft. Sill, I received orders to attend Rotary Wing flight school at Ft. Wolters in Mineral Wells, Texas. I had been if flight school about a month when I receive a phone call from Chris. She told me that she could take a long weekend and fly down to see if I wanted. I told her she was welcome to come down and see all the helicopters and meet my classmates. Two weeks later I picked her up at the Ft. Worth and we had a great 3-day weekend.

A month later I get another phone call from Chris asking if I was interested in another 3-day weekend. I said sure and picked her up again at the Ft. Worth airport.

By this time, I was getting to really like this girl. My mother and my father both loved her, she was an outdoors girl and her father was a policeman in her hometown and he liked to fish. This was a win-win for me.

During her second visit, I had taken Chris to a nice romantic restaurant in Mineral Wells on the lake and as we were finishing dinner, I told her that upon graduation from advanced flight school at Ft. Rucker, Alabama, that I would be getting orders for Viet Nam and then I asked her if she would wait for me. The first words out of her mouth were “Garry, are you asking me to marry you”.

I graduated from rotary wing flight school on October 21, 1969 and we were married 4 days later October 25, 1969. So, when people have asked us where we met, we say in a cornfield and when our son and daughter asked when I proposed to their mother, I say I didn’t, she proposed to me.

Last year we celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary and I can say I that God has blessed me with a wonderful wife, a wonderful daughter, and a wonderful son.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  10. Rum River

Rum River Active Member

Yup, went to a movie. The movie?, "Gremlins" - of all the stupid [email protected]## movies to go to.
    At one point as I'm driving we are coming up on a 'Stop Ahead' sign - she actually reached over and put her hand on top of my head as we came to a stop at the stop sign - to stop my head. I looked at her like she was absolutely nuts. She laughed like h#ll at my reaction. I was still pretty gun shy from a divorce so it took awhile - but at one point agreed to meet her large family - seven siblings. It's Easter Sunday and her Dad had a .22 rifle out, all of us are taking turns plinking. The girlfriend picks it up while wearing her Sunday dress with high heels, standing there all dressed up in the muddy ground she cleans all our collective clocks on all the targets. Her Dad looks at me and deadpan tells me "Yup, it's hereditary". Thirty four years married the end of this month.

11. sovrapposto

sovrapposto Member

I took my future wife out on our first date to show off my Jag X150 roadster. We drove out to the country and I let her drive. She ran it up to about 90mph and then down shifted each gear and double clutched down into 1st at a higher speed and rev than I ever did and came to a sliding stop. She looked over at me with my mouth open and smiled and said Oh, didn't I tell you I used to race a Ferrari in SCCA? I was hooked. Married almost 45 yrs until I lost her in 2014. What a great broad.

12. Mapleton Gun Club

Mapleton Gun Club Member

I remember taking her to a Mexican Restaurant the first time she had anything but meatloaf or roast beef to eat. Never been exposed to much of anything motorcycles, fast cars, different foods, never drank anything alcoholic. Well we changed all of that together rode our touring motorcycle all over the country ate what ever looked good to us. Its thirty five years today we rode the bike to the local Mexican restaurant I think well have a drink on the Patio Later its been a good match for us.

13. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Sure do.

She was the cousin to my brother's (now ex) wife.

She knew I hunted and shot and wanted to learn about handguns.

Our first date was at the gun range - spent a day teaching her safety, revolvers, pistols, etc.

When she left me one of the reasons she sited was that I owned and shot guns...

School Teacher and 9manfan thanked this.
  14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe

I remember it clearly just as I do remember meeting her

I met her at the Moose Lodge in Mansfield Texas, I was married at the time but it wasn't going well at all. I was BSing with the bar keep about the hail Mary pass Doug Flutey made, and she walked in with a fellow worker who had bought her diamond studs for Christmas. She tugged on her ear lobe to show them off and smiled at me. I had heard of love at first sight but didn't believe in it until then, I was effing smitten

I got divorced, and chased her for a couple years before she caught me.

Actually if I hadn't been such a wise ass it would have been much quicker

That was 34 years ago Nov 28, sweetest woman to walk the earth

15. Old_Diabetic_100

Old_Diabetic_100 Well-Known Member

We never dated.............we just decided to get married 25 years after we first met.............dated afterwards.

16. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Well-Known Member

Definitely!

It was a very embarrassing moment.

Her mother caught us making out.

She didn`t do anything about it, just kept on eating grass!

I ran from the scene and never did marry her. LOL!

Catpower, Hauxfan and 9manfan thanked this.
  17. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA Well-Known Member

Our first date was the day after Thanksgiving in 1980. We went out to eat. Got married 13 months later and this December will our 39th. anniversary!

big kahuna, Catpower, puablo and 4 others thanked this.
  18. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I sure do. I met Shirley at a mixer type dance on a Thursday night in November, 1968 and we went shooting together the following Saturday. She had a .22 revolver and I had a field grade 870 12 gauge. We shot Pabst Blue Ribbon beer cans against a dirt backstop at 25 yards. Shirley hit most of her shots. We then shot slay targets off of an old Western hand cranked trap on a regulation trap field. Shirley hit her first bird.

We were together almost every day thereafter. Long story short, we got engaged on new years eve and married the following June. We just had our 50th wedding anniversary. We have a daughter and a grandson. We still have Shirley's 1100 TB.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Catpower, 9manfan, Township Chief and 4 others thanked this.
  19. pudgie

pudgie Member

When we first met,she didn’t care for me and I just didn’t like her.As Paul Harvey says! And for the rest of the story.. about three years later we married.A whole lot of people said it will never last. That was over 49 years ago!

Catpower, higun, 9manfan and 2 others thanked this.
  20. kehrby

kehrby Well-Known Member

Don’t remember our first date but the first time we met she taught me how to snow ski. Group of mutual friends tried to kill me on the hill and she took pity on me. Today is our 35th anniversary!

Catpower, 9manfan, Township Chief and 2 others thanked this.