Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
My guns have never shot bad, me on the other hand, well I have named myself at times I will let it go at that.

Rock

jim

·
Registered
158 Posts
Boat Named "angry inch"

Gun Named "You rotton, no good, hard right missin' SOB!! I'm gonna sell your Ars at the first garage sale I see on the way home!" ect.....

Repeat name until it fits.....

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I am with, The Rock,

Might and have had some choice names for myself, but the gun has always done it's part when I do mine!

I have a deal with my shotgun, when I do my part and IT misses, then I can buy a new gun, it might be a shame to regulate that bird breaking machine, that by the why has broken more birds that I know I missed then I can keep track of just because it misses one.

But what the heck I may have a name for it after all, "MINE"!

Al

·
Registered
16,536 Posts
Mine are usually named sith the F word somwhere in it.

Sometimes I make them stay out on the back porch if they were REALLY bad.

HM

·
Registered
511 Posts
I like Gunnery Sergeant Hartman's thoughts on the subject from "Full Metal Jacket" speaking to his marine recruits. "Tonight, you pukes will sleep with your rifles. You will give your rifle a girl's name because this is the only (expletive) you people are going to get. ..... You're married to this piece. This weapon of iron and wood. And you will be faithful."

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was always told that if you have anything of much value to you and you hold near and dear,you have to give it a name,ie guns,motorcycles,boats,and cars.Target gun=Mardelle,Old triumph=The Bugle,Goose Gun=layla,Boat=MyakenasII(my achin ass II)Target Rifle=Ex(not because I'd like to use it on the Ex,because it will hit the X!)Etc. Ya get the picture.

·
Registered
236 Posts
absolutely!!!!
had a model 70 in 338 mag called "the Rock" is definately laid the smack down
I have an uncle whom has a win 24 12ga named aptly named "Garth"- we were rabbit hunting, he was about 30 yards away but my view obstructed by heavy cedars, the hounds were coming i heard a Bang! I said "Well?
he then started singing "AND THE THUNDER ROLLS!

·
Registered
240 Posts
A few Years ago when I was shooting SCTP my whole squad had names for there guns, My Beretta always got picked on cause it had one of those blue and grey laminate stocks on it and really stuck out on the gun rack, then it got even worse when my old dog Tater puked on the barrel on our way to shooting practice one night (never knew it could strip bluing off that fast) It's hard to recall all the names it's been called, but I do remember a guy naming it "Thunderstick" cause it is very loud for some reason.

Smokey

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
If you name your gun and then put it in the rack. When you call it, it still won't come. Why waste the time.

Bob Lawless

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.