Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just gave my trap gun some TLC. While polishing the stock with some Johnson's paste wax, I relized how much I love my trap gun. It is "just" a BT-100 with a Rod's Custom Gunstock adj buttplate, but it fits me well.

It seems that since I have, at least for the moment, no desire for another gun that my confidence is up. I have not shot much as of late and am hoping for a good 2011 ATA season.

Do you love your trap gun? Does the desire to have another gun bring down your confidence or scores?

Doug Allison

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hi Doug, Just going through a divorce and my final prayer each night is "Please Lord, help me do what's best for my son, and let me keep my trapgun and hunting rifle". Cheers-Graham.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Wax on Wax off, you have learned well. I don't know how you could do much better. Maybe a little work on the back fence yardage. Don't part with that gun. Dad

Ps I love everyone of our trap guns!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have shot TM1, TMX, MX8, K80, 101, BT99 old and new, Citori, Ljutic and many others and at the end of the day if I had to choose to keep the one I love most it would be my Remington 1100 chambered in 3 inch. My dad put a Monte Carlo stock on it when I was a kid and after a hundred straight and several 99's I thought I needed something different, or better and more expensive (I didn't like having to manually open it after each shot)and it wasn't as cool as those expensive guns I saw Stafford, Bonillas and Kiner shooting. I was wrong none of them were better and I sure as hell didn't shoot them any better.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Well! Been married 49&1\2 years to the same beautiful gal (almost lost her to cancer in 2010) That's love. Now as to trap guns, started out with 870s for a couple yrs. they were OK, tried Mod.12s didn't like them, --tried O&Us once or twice didn't like them either--tried semi-autos once nuff said-- SBTs- Baker-L.C.Smith-Lefever-OK-- then about35+ yrs ago tried a Mod.31 Rem.TC, still shooting it today, maybe not love but I still like it the best. Ross Puls

P.S Anybody else shot the same gun for a long time????

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
I do not love anything that isn't warm & breathes. Guns,cars, boats, houses, things, money are possessions--when you're in the hospital, or in personal danger-people are there for you--your possessions are worthless.

In a Shakespeare play--"My Kingdom for a horse"---

People who know me-know I try to get the best "stuff" out there.----but they don't mean a thing to me.

I never loved tools when I was an electrical contractor. They were just that----tools

Phil Berkowitz

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
I do not love anything that isn't warm & breathes. Guns,cars, boats, houses, things, money are possessions--when you're in the hospital, or in personal danger-people are there for you--your possessions are worthless.

In a Shakespeare play--"My Kingdom for a horse"---

People who know me-know I try to get the best "stuff" out there.----but they don't mean a thing to me.

I never loved tools when I was an electrical contractor. They were just that----tools

Phil Berkowitz

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
I can't honestly say I love my trap guns but there are times I really like the one I am shooting that day a lot, have yet to commit to the till death do us part thing with any of them ... I do have one that I have not shot since I bought it so maybe thats the one, I'll find out later today ... My Model 12's and I have a special bond but Love, maybe ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
I can't honestly say I love my trap guns but there are times I really like the one I am shooting that day a lot, have yet to commit to the till death do us part thing with any of them ... I do have one that I have not shot since I bought it so maybe thats the one, I'll find out later today ... My Model 12's and I have a special bond but Love, maybe ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I always seem to go back to my field grade 1100 every year. Shot my best scores in a couple years at Iowa state shoot and the grand with it last year. I also buy another trap gun about every year to abandon and sell. Keeps the economy going I guess.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I always seem to go back to my field grade 1100 every year. Shot my best scores in a couple years at Iowa state shoot and the grand with it last year. I also buy another trap gun about every year to abandon and sell. Keeps the economy going I guess.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.