Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have visited most of the states during my lifetime and lived, for awhile, in many of them. When I hit Montana, that was it for me. No more moving. It is large, not many people and beautiful in every way. I hope all of you feel the same about where you live.

BB

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am stuck in Illinois. It wasn't so bad for the first 50 years of my life but the last eight have been nothing to brag about. OH!!! we do have a place in Sparta that holds the Grand.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
The Queen Bee and I are taking a good look at Tennessee, too, recurvy. We thought we were going to return home to Pennsylvania, but after this last election, we are not so sure.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Yes, I have to have water. So I am on the BALMY southern shore of Lake Superior. Eight inches of snow today 8 to 12 tonite, ya gotta love it.
Hard to get a tan here so it keeps th rifraf away if you get my drift. Bill

·
Registered
763 Posts
I live in Wisconsin and while I love going to other states, I guess this is home and where I want to be. At this stage of my life I doubt we will move. But then my 87 year old uncle who probably had never been farther than 250 miles from where he was born, just moved from Iowa to Texas so I guess I won't say never, may run in the family.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
My wife and I are very blessed to have several houses. Our home is in central California, and probably always will be. California certainly comes with all the baggage we all hear about, but the weather is super, and has been our home since forever for both of us.

It is great getting to move around to different areas during seasonal changes, and just plain travel and have fun. But home is and will remain the goofy state of California.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I lived in Indiana, South Dakota, Colorado, Arizona, Washington and now Idaho. My favorite of those is AZ. East tenn is where I really want to be though. All those states had their strong points. South Dakota had the best people, AZ the best weather, Indiana had all my friends, Colorado was pretty, Washington was all good except it was 80% mexicans,Idaho is pretty and the weather is mild but all in all, Tenn and Kentucky have the good ole boy gun clubs and thats it for me

·
Registered
544 Posts
During my Marine Corps tours I lived in three other states and have flown my own a/c into 23 others on business and/or pleasure. But, as a fifth generation Texan (family got here in 1845) I could live nowhere else. I've also lived in two foreign countries and visited eleven more but no way I'd live in any of them permanently.

I guess the answer to the question is: ABSOLUTELY YES!!!!

HBT

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Welll... I like Tennessee the most of all states as well. I lived there for 6 years back in the 90's for grad school and then worked there for 3 1/2 as well.

Unfortunately I do not live there now.

However poor ol' Tennessee is getting really crowded and not nearly as nice as it once was.

Most places are getting too crowded with "city folk"... yuck

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Well, at least I will be buried in Tennessee, so I'll end up there one way or another. LOL!!! Already have a plot next to my mommy and the rest of our family (7 generations in Cade's Cove and Maryville). Alabama is my real home, but I spent time in my mom's family's state, too. Alabama is just not as pretty.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
No, unfortunately I don't. I live in the far northern part of California, about 100 miles from the Oregon border, right on the ocean. I do have the luxery of living right on the Humboldt bay, and it really is beautiful here. I would, however, rather move to Oregon, around the Rogue River, Jacksonville, or anywhere in the Apple Valley area. It's kind of tough to do, tho. My home here is paid for, and this really is my home, especially since my wife passed away 4 months ago. Too many good memories of her here, and I don't think I would like to try it alone. So, like the rest of you, this is probably where they will carry me out.......... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I live in Delaware but grew up in northwest Iowa - close to Minn and SD. I still believe I want to be able to retire there (Ia) or South Dakota.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
AMERICAN BY BIRTH....

TEXAN BY THE GRACE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CALIFORNIAN by the choice of my spouse!

I've been to 46 countries, and 41 states either in the military or with work...Now I owe so money on my house, WAAy upside down)..I can't afford to move..

lb

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.