Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering how many out there have a concealed carry permit? I don't, been thinking about getting one though. I have always believed that the 2nd amendment was my permit.

I'm in Indiana so getting one wouldn't be a problem. I guess the main reason I haven't gotten one though is I don't want the state police to have my set of fingerprints. I also believe getting a permit would be like giving the government a road map to the people who possess guns.

On the plus side I wouldn't have to wait to purchase any handgun if I had a permit.

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
What makes you think you're "off the books" now?

·
Registered
393 Posts
dosent matter on the wait part when purchasing in indiana any moore,thanks to the background check system they have in place,if they say sale or hold, dosent matter. if you have a permit or not, thanks for reminding me mine expires next month,mark

·
Registered
57 Posts
I live in Indiana and I have one. In Indiana you can get a life time permit and
you only have to sign up once.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Absolutely, and I carry. While you may think the Second Amendment is your CC permit, it will take you appearing in front of a judge to sort that one out. There is also the unnecessary night in jail and you will likely lose your firearm, hope you only carry a Hi-Point and not a Colt. In most states, you need a permit to have it in your car in reach of you, in other words, to have it where it will do some good. Without a permit you should just consider your trap gun your carry piece. The laws also seem to change during a hunting season too. A concealed carry permit allows you to carry about everywhere. We aware that many places do not allow you to carry. Never carry in a bank, the courthouse, most malls are off limits, and if going out with the boys for a few beers, leave it in the truck.

As for fingerprints and being on the books, really, this is the government we are talking about. Besides, you posted on a public website, you're on teh books now!

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
The state police don't get a set of your fingerprints. They go on a national registry that is available to every law enforcement agency in the country, state or federal.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Have two, neither of which is good in my home state, the Republik of ILL. If you were in the service, ever had a background check for a bonded job, or worked civil service, you are "on the books". I'd rather be "on the books" and be able to carry in a few states legally than not be and be illegal. It just takes one felony arrest and you'll be forever "off the books" in terms of firearms ownership (with a few exceptions).

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Yes. The U.S, Kalifornia, Michigan govt's all have mine. Multiple other agencies have mine. My DNA is well spred also... never a problem with any of them...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.