Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm calling this shooting related because . . . . . . .

I just noticed an ad for some empty hulls in the for sale section. In a very short time they were sold. The seller stated he had 22 pm's in 7 minutes ! ! ! Do folks just sit and stare at their computers all day ? Similarly, I just sold a gun on here in the last few days. The gun sold in two hours at my listed price with three back up offers. Made me think I priced it too cheap ! 8;)

I need to retire so I can camp out on here looking for bargains !

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
LOL, but yes, you need to be on here constantly, if you want to grab all the bargains. With the crappy winter, many folks don't even go to the club to visit. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
Ktieghoff K-80 super sport one plantation, one gold super scrol
292 Posts
LOL I have some workman doing pavers in my walk way it 80 degrees here. but if you run across the guy selling the hulls send him MYWAT.

·
Premium Member
18,797 Posts
I sit here, because I'm about half retired, and I get entertained on here. My computer doesn't talk back, and I don't have to have hearing aids to listen to it. Charlie

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
I'm in CharlieAMA's corner on this one, especially the hearing aid part. Ross Puls

PS Have tried 4 or 5 different brands\styles, 3 and 4 programs--several return trips for tweaking--they just make "everything" louder and I still can't understand\pick out speech. VERY exasperating.

·
Premium Member
18,797 Posts
Ross- I've lost about 40%+ of my hearing. I told my wife, that for $4,000, it would be cheaper for her to repeat everything. It makes my wife and daughter feel bossy, cause they have to raise their voices at me. I think it a natural gender instinct. LOL.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
That's funny Charlie but lots of us are in your shoes. I just need to convince my wife that I don't need those ear aids

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
I'm with you guys on the hearings aids. I have had mine a week and I like them so far. I was away from home today and the battery died in one and I thought I was going to have my head towed home. Of course now I remember the lady said to just change the batteries every Monday and I should be fine. I need a memory aid as well or my head is so full of stuff that I need an auxiliary hard drive to increase memory.

·
Registered
20,196 Posts
Heck Duane get a USB3 port installed in your neck and use flash drives. Use a different one for each shooting discipline and one to drive to and from the shoots. Pull them all out and use one as a reminder/index of where you left the ones you need. Without the drive plugged in you can have that 'blank look' on your face and folks won't even mind. HeH.

I'm so bad on hearing that if someone is on a cell phone and are driving so that the cell signal varies I can NOT understand what they are saying. I can do OK if I can be face to face and see their lips but .... VA says hearing aids won't help my type of loss. Had both eardrums blown out and have tinnitus so bad that I swear I am hearing a constant 1KHz test tone at max volume sometimes. Have to have 'white noise' in the room or I go batty. ( Not that I ain't batty anyway sometimes. )

Don T

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Don T.

I got my hearing aids from the VA after years of being told I couldn't get them. I learned any veteran suffering hearing loss can get them from the VA on this site. After 39 years of having hearing loss I finally got rated from the Army for the loss during my service and only then did I get them. I was lied to by the VA every single time I asked over the years for help.

My new Dr. @ the Denver VA Hospital said any veteran can get hearing aids if they are needed, period. It does NOT have to be service connected like mine was. Good to know!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had the worst ear ache ever in my entire life.Wife got tired of my complaining stumbling around. (loss of balance and not drinking!!!)

Made the Doctors appointment. The exam started by "lets have a look and see what's going on". There is something stuck in there. With forceps and light he pulls out a suppository.I thanked him, now it makes where my hearing aid got to..

MARTY :0{

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
Huh?

I am in the same boat as a bunch of you, I use my meds holder thingy to tell what day it is, but the bad part is when my wife refills it I really have to study the calender to find out what day it is

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
You guys are GREAT__Getting older makes you lose some things but definitely not a sense of humor!

I am 66 and my hearing is going fast. My wife says she will have to converse by hand signals shortly---She has one hand signal DOWN PAT!!!

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
An elderly man was driving with his wife. Suddenly he was being pulled over by the Police. The officer asked, Do you know why I stopped you? The man said no I have no idea. He said when you went around the corner back there your wife fell out of the car. Thank God, the man replied I thought I had gone deaf!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Losing one's ability to hear clearly as age becomes an issue, is for the reason that we don't want to hear the Reaper coming along behind us dragging his scythe. Contrary to Satchel Paige's advice, it pays to look behind you so you can stay several steps ahead of the Reaper. That's why some old guys use walkers with wheels.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts