Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I go to many trapshoots, I only used PreSquad.com twice in the 2020 Season. I used it for the Dixie Grand and out at the big shoot in Tucson. It was clear to me that those two shoots were very successful in getting people to use PreSquad - Tucson probably had 120 squads all signed up for the championship events. the Dixie Grand was a smaller event but again, the majority of the shooters were signed up on PreSquad.com. Both of those clubs shuffled the starting bank for every event. You could not hold out and squad for your "favorite" bank. I thought it was great and so did hundreds of other participants.

In trying to reduce the congestion at shoots, PreSquad.com is a nice tool but it seems to me that it only works well if you have no idea what bank you will shoot. Is this true ? Do shoots that get a high number of PreSquad sign-ups shuffle the starting banks ??

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I used presquad for a shoot at Tucson, and one day I had the worst bank, the next I had the best bank. Funny thing, both days it was the same trap fields. At a facility like Tucson, I wouldn't care if they rotated banks at all, I think every darn one of them is as good as the others.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Both of those clubs shuffled the starting bank for every event. You could not hold out and squad for your "favorite" bank. I thought it was great and so did hundreds of other participants.

In trying to reduce the congestion at shoots, PreSquad.com is a nice tool but it seems to me that it only works well if you have no idea what bank you will shoot. Is this true ? Do shoots that get a high number of PreSquad sign-ups shuffle the starting banks ??
Gary,

I might not be understanding your question but don't you already know the answer based on your experiences? You've used it twice at shoots that scramble the banks with good successes and you're asking if shoots scramble the banks when using Presquad.com?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Gary,

I might not be understanding your question but don't you already know the answer based on your experiences? You've used it twice at shoots that scramble the banks with good successes and you're asking if shoots scramble the banks when using Presquad.com?
His experience (2/2) has shown success at the use of pre-squad and shuffling banks. I think he is trying to find if there are shoots that use pre-squad that do not shuffle banks that have a good user experience at the shoot (as it pertains to shooting/squadding, not other things such as vendors, food, etc)

EDIT: It would be interesting to hear experiences with people who have had their banks scrambled without using pre-squad, if that is even a thing.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
It depends on the club the shoot is being held at. It is usually in the program. I know last year Mass. & NH state shoot did not draw banks. RI state shoot did it the same last year and is doing it this year. You look at the program and see how many traps they are using and if shooting all on one trap or using a bank system. I pull up a satellite picture of the club and put myself on the trap I prefer. I like Pre Squad.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wisconsin State Shoot uses Pre-Squad dot com and does not shuffle the banks. I really like knowing where I will be shooting for the duration of the shoot. I park opposite the bank and set up a shade canopy to weather the sun and heat. Hate trap shuffling!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm with you, it is a plus to park in one spot, At a lot of big shoots you can't get close to your traps when shuffling traps. See you in Rome

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you zxcvbnm - exactly what I am asking. I do not care if folks do not like bank shuffling. I am asking if shoots that are successful in getting shooters to use presquad shuffle the banks.

Right now - on PreSquad.com, I see the Colorado state shoot has a bunch of squads all lined up. Do they shuffle the banks ??

I see a Michigan zone shoot next week has no one signed up on PreSquad and I see a Kansas shoot next week with very few. Do these two shoots shuffle the banks ??

Reactions: zxcvbnm

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thank you zxcvbnm - exactly what I am asking. I do not care if folks do not like bank shuffling. I am asking if shoots that are successful in getting shooters to use presquad shuffle the banks.

Right now - on PreSquad.com, I see the Colorado state shoot has a bunch of squads all lined up. Do they shuffle the banks ??

I see a Michigan zone shoot next week has no one signed up on PreSquad and I see a Kansas shoot next week with very few. Do these two shoots shuffle the banks ??
I’m interested in seeing the results and thoughts that come out of this discussion. I don’t understand why pre squadding (and paying) is not more widely adopted. Saves a lot of time standing in line. Classification seems to be the quickest/shortest line at the larger shoots I have attended (not many) and id prefer that.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
We rotated banks for a while and quit after a couple of years.
The biggest reason was all the camping is between bank 2 and 5, so half of the people that requested a bank said "I'm camped behind bank x and I'm 70 and don't want to walk all the way to Bank 1 when it's 100 degrees. We'll ask squads to move if the banks are out of balance at the end of the event, but otherwise we try to let people shoot the banks they want to.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have used PreSquad.com extensively for state shoots in Illinois, Michigan and Missouri as well as most all of our local shoots here in central Illinois. None of these clubs draw for banks or shuffle banks with many shooters using presquad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts