Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some Remington Sport Loads and it seemed as though the gun was much dirtier. Normal?

·
Registered
16,536 Posts
Crappy plastic, metal bases, not so good shot inconsistent velocity, let's face it. Cheap is cheap.

And that's exactly as it should be.

HM

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Inexpensive powder and dirty powder are not necessarily the same thing. Clean burning powder and very good powder are not always the same thing.

Accurately judging the performance of a powder requires a lot of equipment. Many simply try to judge the performance of a powder by looking down the barrel at the end of the day.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
11,415 Posts
Clean/dirty really doesn't matter that much when you are shooting a break open gun.

A gas semi-auto is a different story.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Never tried claydot, but cleaned a whole bunch if TiteWad and REX powder out of the trigger of a 391 when that was my main gun. Like timB99 said, with a breakopen gun, there is less to clean, whatever powder you use.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Try using a minimum load of Blue Dot in your pistols. Dirty as heck. Nobody would confuse Blue Dot for a cheap powder. Some powders like it a little higher on the pressure spectrum for clean, complete combustion.

James

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I have shot thousands of Estates in the last 3 or 4 years and find them to be as clean as anything else I have used. Dave in NY, did you move back?? Larry Evans

·
Registered
287 Posts
Bought some remingtons from wally world the other day and my 302 really hated them.. What a mess!I won't make that mistake again.

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.