Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some pictures of a DIY project to get large powder and shot tubes with drains on a 366. Easy to do with most things bought at Lowe's.

3 X 1 1/2 adapters fit perfectly over the shot and powder brackets on the loader. Just drill holes to match the holes on the brackets and use original fasteners.

Drill and glue in the drain pipes.

Hardest part was getting the 3 1/2 OD tubes. I had to finally get them on Ebay.

Get the 1/2" and 3" caps at lowes.

These hold over a pound of powder and a full bag of shot. With the drains its now a piece of cake to keep the powder tube drained. If I ever need to change the bushings, it's much easier to drain the shot first than trying to manhandle 10 to 15 pounds of shot.

Total projest was right at $50.

Tomas

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Great info and a great solution to getting larger capacity reservoirs. Thanks for sharing with photos and if you have a beer in the fridge could you share one of them too?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You get a 3" X 1 1/2" adapter, but it is actually 3 1/2" OD. You will need to flatten each adapter's outside rim just a small amount to ensure they fit flush with the loader. I didn't show pictures, but I also glued baffles inside both adapters. Very consistant powder drops.

MY wife keeps the fridge stocked with Dos Equis, "Drink well my friend".

Tomas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts