Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have advice of where to stay at the Dixie Grand either around Tampa or Tarpon Springs?
Thanks for your help,

·
Registered
130 Posts
Holiday Inn Express in Oldsmar. Tell them that you are a shooter at silver dollar and you usually get a break. Only about 4 miles from the club.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Search Oldsmar, if the Holiday Inn is booked, there are several other big name chain hotels, all side by side. Easy drive to the club compared to staying in Tarpon Springs.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
The Holiday Inn in Oldsmar is normally 130 a night. The Silver Dollar shooters rate is 99. Don't go to the 800 number Holiday Inn registration , as they know nothing of the discount. Call the Oldsmar motel direct.Their number is 813-854-5080 Good location and 10 minutes from the club with everything you need a few minutes away.

TD

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Hey Dawg,,,I remember when Terry Jordan and I stayed at the Tahitian many years ago, it was a great place,good breakfast, place was really clean....Today... I wouldn't let my dog stay there....

·
Banned
694 Posts
The real question is, how much are you in your room. To pay $100 a night is beyond my means. I know everone says to stay away from Hwy 19 but some of the cheaper Motels are over there and not that bad of a drive. If you are with your wife she is going to want better. My 2 cents worth.

·
2,755 Posts
You folks are working way too hard on this finding a place to stay stuff.

The Dollar already checked prices and got you discounts-if you say the magic words about trapshooting and it's all posted on their website (silverdollartrap.com).

Some are under $100 per night, some over.

Bob

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
If you stay at the Tahitian take a BB gun . You can sit up a night and get in some practice on crawly creatures.

I have worked all over the country on Pipeline jobs and had to stay in pretty bad places because they were the only options because of remote location.The last time I stayed at the Tahitian is was right up there with the worst.

Staying a ratty motels with 30 + oilfield workers and pipeline hands sure did create interesting times ! Some good ,some not so good.

TD

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Where else can an old man like me get propositioned. In the mid-80's the Tahitian was THE place to stay. If you're gonna stay there make it a practice not to look under your bed.

But at $50/night, a bar and pool look real attractive to some!!

·
Vendor
4,926 Posts
If you go onto the clubs website silverdollartrap.com , there several close hotels that will give you a discount on rates if you tell them you are there as a shooter.
Mike Battista
727 410 5212

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Tahitian Inn, Ramada Inn are both crap holes. The bath towels look like shop rags. Stay off of Hwy 19 if at all possible.

Hilton Garden Inn or Holiday Inn Express in Oldsmar are nice, clean, quiet and reasonable.

No matter where you stay, take your guns into the rooms at nite...DO NOT leave them in your vehicle.

·
Registered
811 Posts
We stay at Days inn at Port Richy It's a 20 min. drive to the club ,But a nice place to stay been there 3 years. No problems, Butch H

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Zard, you must have seen the same guy we saw...only when we found him, he was passed out just outside our door. Found out he was the "chef" at the hot breakfast during the week but had the weekends off, so he partied. The bugs there were HUGE! I would sleep in the car before I would go back.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Based on Karla's experience, she must have stayed there about the same time we had booked a room there. When we went to check in, they were taking down the police crime scene tape and hosing the blood away from an armed robbery earlier that day in the parking lot. The wife refused to stay, so we went down to the Ramada Inn. When we got down to the Ramada Inn and looked around, I wasn't sure we'd improved our accommodations. Stayed there anyway....until 3am when the "thump music" began out in the parking lot. Called the front desk....no answer, so called the local police and got it stopped.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
56 per night:

Candlewood Suites Clearwater
4.6 /5 (32 Reviews)
13231 49th Steet North Clearwater , Florida 33762 United States

Reservation Price Summary View Price Details Best Price Guarantee – find a lower price for our hotels elsewhere and your first night is free.

Average Nightly Rate $ 55.99 USD Price for 1 rooms 7 nights $ 391.93 USD Total Tax ‡ $ 47.04 USD Estimated Total Price ‡ $ 438.97

SW Grand:

San Antonio NW Medical Center
9350 Ih 10 West
San Antonio , Texas

Reservation Price Summary View Price Details Best Price Guarantee – find a lower price for our hotels elsewhere and your first night is free.

Average Nightly Rate $ 59.99 USD Price for 1 rooms 7 nights $ 419.93 USD Total Tax ‡ $ 70.35 USD Estimated Total Price ‡ $ 490.28

1 - 20 of 20 Posts