Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On any given day any shooter even All Americans can have a bad day/bad event, but 5 All Americans the same day and the same event shooting under 90 in caps ??????. Event 5, @ this Dixie Grand. The weather that day according to R.J. Stuart was Overcast w/ 5-10 mph winds. Were there other factors or were the planets not aligned correctly for that event.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
It happens. Maybe it was the lighting changing from overcast to sunny and back again. Usually it affects all shooters that way. You can see it in the scores.

·
Registered
613 Posts
How does one refer to a 27 yard handicap shooter with a 95 average as a "target manager"? I spent 20+ yr.s on the 27 and never had a 90 average. I worked hard to stay on the 27, these all americans don't "manage targets" they are just blessed with more talent

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Lots of low scores for a Satellite Grand......

People tend to forget that it's still winter in Florida.

Winter in Florida = wind & poor lighting in the early mornings.

·
Registered
995 Posts
We had a similar phenomenon at the Nebraska State shoot. Turned out that the rocks were "hard". Everyone sucked on those days.
It just goes to show you, it's always somethun'...
dju

·
Registered
35 Posts
Davidjayuden- did you shoot the nebraska state shoot last year? The targets were terrible. People were finding targets with 8 to 10 holes in it that weren't broken. As far as the dixie goes, I've shot all week and scores have been low. The wind has been a litttle tricky but that's really no reason for scores in. The 80's in handicaps

·
Registered
161 Posts
Even in Florida these winter months are basically keeping the shooting muscles in shape. When summer and the $ comes out of the wood work look at the scores.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Florida is a tough place to shoot. Somehow I only got to shoot once on the gun club side, golf coarse side to me is awful on my averages especially on the far left banks. Wind changes every hour in Florida. If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Harlan was trying his new gun the first few days.If you notice, his scores changed as he went back to his old gun .The weather was nice . It's early season and Florida is just a little different.Still it is a great place to shoot and get away from the cold a few days :)The Southern Grand will more than likely have higher scores once the rust is off.Also Leo should be ready to play about then, I hope!

TD

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Shot in the Handicap Championship on Sun.,targets were all over the place. Best to shoot late in Florida this time of the year when the targets get more light on them.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Banned
3,402 Posts
I did not shoot I just had cataract surgery but I have been having a hard time shooting when overcast or the sun goes in and out a lot. My best shooting has been on sunny days I just see the targets much better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.