Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fed up with dial up.live out in the sticks and thinking about getting dish sattelite for pc.Would like to hear pros and cons. thank you

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Hope you don't mind the hijack Maz. We are out in the woods and dish TV is a life saver for us. Anyone have the bundle TV Internet phone and how's it working for you? Bill

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
I've had cable, Direct, and Dish. Direct kept raising prices but offering perks to new customers...and giving them more for less than I was paying. Tried pleading my case to no avail and as my contract was over, I switched to Dish. Very happy with dish for less money. Via e mail and phone calls Direct says they want me back but if I was such a desireable customer and nice guy...they should have given me the deal they gave others. Go DISH!

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I dropped Direct for the same reason, new customers got way better deals and they would not deal with me.

The day after I dropped I got a letter from them saying "ok, we want you back", ended up paying one third of my former bill with channel and HD upgrades.

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
I am not real sure what they call the service I have, but we too are in the sticks, they repaved our road and when they did they redid the phone lines, but Verison used copper so we are still at the 56K modem speed, they say we are 1/2 mile too far away from the fiber optic

What I have is a little radio that is on the peak of my shop, and it is aimed at the water tower in town about 5 miles away that has a transmitter, I am supposed to have 1 GB outgoing and .3 GB incoming, it runs $40 per month, I have the basic service though. It seems to work fine for me, but if you wanted faster you can get in

The outfit I have is Rhino Communications, sometimes they do have problems that can be irritating, but I have learned that is the price of living in the sticks, and it is well worth it

·
Registered
613 Posts
We are full time RV ers. We have had dish about 20 yr.s. First got it so I had TV at the Pa. State shoot. Only problem is when the weather is terrible.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
I'm a little clueless about dish phone service. It's sat phone right? So it works everywhere? Probably not. Anybody have it? Bill

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Did some research and dish uses spectrum for phone service. Not a major network. There is some talk of buying Nextel but nothing pending. Their internet service is rated the best. We have their TV service and I'd call it good. Bill

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Dang that's too bad. If they had succeeded, Nascar would have had the
"Dish Cup". Wouldn't that have been cool? They could have called it the "D-Cup" for short.

Bob Falfa

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
I live west of Amarillo, out in the country on a farm. We had dial up about 10 years ago, and then got satellite internet from a company in Amarillo that has a deal on top of our local grain elevator. Best thing we ever did. I have Dishnetwork for TV. They are great. My internet service is $47.00 a month. Hope that helps. Charlie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts