Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the three cleanest burning brands? My gun maintenance guy is not
speaking to me after the last time I let him "GI -CLEAN" my 1100.
Thanks. ///olde pharte///

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
All you ever hear is Clays, Clays, Clays, so it must be true. Only snag might be that Clays was unavailable for 2+ years and I haven't heard much since it's been re-introduced. This is all hearsay since I've never used anything but 700X and Green Dot. Always wanted to try it, but likely will never happen. Good luck.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I've had people tell me 700x is dirty. That what I have been using since not being able to find Clays. I see zero difference in one being cleaner than the other.

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
700 is clean, but I find it snappy.
I know what you mean, I also find it pretty "Noisy" as well!!!

Now Birddogfella--- All of the economy loads are pretty Dirty!!! You need to stay with the premium shells like Reminton STS, Winchester AA, Or Federal Gold Metal loads if your looking for a factory shell that's clean.

Now Then, For reloads I've found Hodgedon Clay's the cleanest burning, with the smoothest and most consistent recoils of all the powders I've tried. I have not tried them all. Once I found Clay's I simply stopped looking. There was no reason to continue my search. Good Luck on your Journey. break em all Jeff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts