Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Direct TV

Need to upgrade my Cable TV for a another HD TV so I'm thinking about Direct TV, and their Genie??? Also need info on there computer system called VIASAT??? Or should I stay with the Dish Network and go with their Hopper??? The Hopper says it will skip the commercials (one touch, no fast forwarding)so that's great!!! Does the Genie also do this??? What do you have? and why do you like your supplier?. Thanks for looking. break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have direct, as I enjoy the NFL Sunday ticket, although they charge too much for it.

I also have the Genie and like it, but it will not skip the commercials.

I have no clue about the VIASAT.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I switched from Dish to Direct this fall, mainly to save some money for a couple of years. However, I did want HD for my wall mounted TV in the living room and didn't want a receiver on the mantel. Direct's Genie allowed me to just stick it behind the TV. Apparently with Dish it would have had to been visable.

I'm still getting used to the user interface with Direct. It seemed that Dish was easier to create and use self defined channel guides. Again, I'm still learning so perhaps Direct's will be just as easy once I learn it.

Never heard of the VIASAT either.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Pull & Mark,

Do a google search on DIRECT TV and VIASAT. You'll find that VIASAT is there new partner for satelite internet service. I did look at this when a switched to Direct a couple of months ago.

If you have no other high speed connectivity options and don't use the internet all that much this might be a good alternative for you. Much like the cellular providers they have a data cap in place. However, rather than charging for overages, they restrict your access speed for the balance of the month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts