Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Dillon Sl-900. I make 1 oz loads using American Select powder, Claybuster TGT-12s, Winchester primers and Remington Shot # 8s.
evrery 2 or 3 loads out of a hundred the shot will not drop into the shell. The next shell will have 2 to 2 1/2 ozs of shot dropped into it thereby causing a mess. talked to Dillon and they said that they haven't heard of this before.
HAS ANYBODY HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM AND HOW DID THEY RESOLVE IT. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Gotta be clogged up in the tube somehow?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: mg1polo

·
Registered
38 Posts
Agree^^, If you was dribbling shot as it rotates, then your bar isn't fully moving or fast enough. May check the shot drop tube for obstructions.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The shot will bridge on any reloader creating a mess, especially if it has a lot of graphite on it. Don't put any lube on or around the shot or powder charge bar. On the Dillion make sure you reloader in timed correctly. There is an Allan head set screw on the left side underneath the shell holder (hard to see). Loosen it, then put a shell underneath the shot tube, center it, then retighten the set screw. If you have an issue with this call Dillon for more instructions.

·
Registered
346 Posts
There is a little rubber pice that looks like a T in the shot bar. It is roughed up or needs baddy powered put on it. This has happened to me. It may jus need to be put back in place.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Also, take the shot dispenser apart and clean it occasionally. I've found small bits of wire, flattened shot pieces, and string (threads) from the shot bags plugging up the system, resulting in odd shot drops. Check the square white plastic insert that sits as a buffer on the shot bar advance mechanism. If it falls out, or gets out of square, or gets an oblong center hole, you will get odd shot drops. After a few hundred thousand reloads on my Dillon, I think I've seen it all.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I had the same problem when I used reclaimed shot or shot that had too much graphite on it. When I used any factory new shot, all was well. I'd clean up the clear tube that the shot is in and check which kind of shot you are using.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts