1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Those guys are all wet!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
What is really scary is that my daughter, while in elementary school for a science fair project back in the 90's actually did a "petition drive" to "educate" people about this "dangerous chemical" and to sign the petition to have Congress either ban it or at least tightly regulate its use to only government licensed individuals. It was done under the heading of a chemistry project but in truth was actually presented as a psychology project when it came time to present it to the judges.

The scary part of this is that she gained around a hundred signatures and only had two refusals. One was from a teacher who said she did not want to ban this chemical but she called it by another name. Bet you can guess what she called it. The other signature was from a student who told my daughter that she could not sign anything she did not know about until her Mother or Father saw the paper. I told my daughter that when she was thinking about doing this project she might find some of the people who signed it would get mad when they found out just what this dangerous chemical was since she told them at the end of her conversation with them just what that other name for this "dangerous chemical" was. A few of them did get a bit upset.

Her presentation also included one other danger not listed in the report quoted above. That fact was that, especially when certain weather conditions caused an atmospheric build up of solid "DiHy" on the ground in cooler temperatures, it was often found to be a cause of loss of balance issues with consequent. and on some occasions, fatal, bone fractures in affected individuals. The "petition drive" was done in January and February in northwestern PA so this was an especially important concern to the citizens of our area.

By the way, she got a First Place from the judges for her project.

·
Molon Labe
11,981 Posts
But isn't it odd, that hydrogen, one of the most flammable gases there is and oxygen one of the best accelerators there is, when mixed properly, makes up one of the best fire extinguishing mediums there is?

Reactions: mikey357

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
You can probably get the federal government to fund research to fight this terrible killer. :3schild40:

·
Molon Labe
11,981 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts